Heidi's Reviews > Conversation as Ministry: Stories and Strategies for Confident Caregiving

Conversation as Ministry by Douglas Purnell

Aug 19, 2012

bookshelves: tools-for-the-journey, coffee-reading, to-review
Read from August 20 to September 02, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conversation as Ministry.

08/20/2012 page 38
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Hollis What did you think of this book Heidi? It's a book I've been meaning to get around to reading but haven't yet. I was reading his most recent book Being in Ministry but have stopped because of Uni reading.

Heidi Sharon wrote: "What did you think of this book Heidi? It's a book I've been meaning to get around to reading but haven't yet. I was reading his most recent book Being in Ministry but have stopped because of Uni r..."

It was recommended to me by my PoD mentor, in part because the pastoral side of things is something I'm less-than-confident about.

I found a lot of good in it, and am glad that I bought my own copy, because I can totally see coming back to it regularly whichever way PoD goes.

It's a lot of examples of conversations and how they went, and why he chose that direction rather than another in the conversation, as well as how to reflect on conversations afterwards.