Molly's Reviews > In Too Deep

In Too Deep by Mary Connealy

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2012

Mary Connealy has been a favorite of mine among the Christian Fiction genre for some time now. I have loved every book that I've read by her, so far. So, I'm always excited to dive into a new one by the talented Ms. Connealy. Having read Out Of Control, book 1 of The Kincaid Brides, I couldn't wait for Ethan's story in In Too Deep. Like book 1, Ms. Connealy's detail to history is vivid and blended with rich inspiration and complex, heart-stealing characters.

Ethan Kincaid's way of life is smile no matter what and it will be okay. He's hiding behind a wall of fear and pain, when it comes to his past and that cavern on his big brother, Rafe's land. He cares about no one except animals and Audra Gilliland's baby daughters. After a terrible accident in the past, Ethan deems himself unworthy of caring for anyone. He's too scared to go in too deep in the cavern for the fear consumes him. After all, it was were his baby brother Seth went crazy.....all because of him. So, how is gonna keep Audra Gilliland safe from the bad guys after he marries her to protect her?

Audra Gilliland is a sweet character who was sold into marriage by her father and treated poorly by her husband. It's no wonder she just wants to stand on her own two feet and protect her daughters and prove she's strongly independent. But, instead, after the death of her first husband, she finds herself married to the middle (and very good looking!) middle Kincaid brother......and hunting down the money her first husband hid. Not to mention, she's finding herself falling in too deep in love with the amazing, tenderly sweet-hearted Ethan Kincaid.

These two characters battle so much in this story. But, by going deep into the cavern, they prove that turning over all weakening fear to God, He will make it perfectly right. It's a truly powerful message!

I definitely recommend this 5 Book worthy novel to everyone, however, I highly suggest you read it with book 1 to get the full Kincaid family story. This book will take you back to Rafe and Julia's story, introduces you to Ethan and Audra's life and gives you a glimpse of young Seth's story. If you love a story filled with inspiration, lots of love and humor, and an ending that leaves you hungering for more, don't hesitate for a minute to grab up this beautifully written novel. I can't wait to read the conclusion to the Kincaid Brides in Over The Edge! Amazingly great job,once again, Ms. Connealy! You've truly pleased this reader!

*This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Too Deep.