Tyler Hinkle's Reviews > Rift

Rift by Andrea Cremer

Aug 28, 12

Read from August 19 to 28, 2012

3.5 stars, actually...

I went to BooksAMillion and was scrolling through the Teen section, and I landed upon this book.
I had already read all 3 of the Nightshade books (and loved them) and had no idea that she was writing a prequel, and that is was already out.
I was hoping that this book would be somewhat like Nightshade, but I didn't really see any resemblance other than Bosque Mar shows up in the book.

The book is very fast-paced, and even if it takes you awhile to read it, it won't feel like it.
Ember, the main character, lacks characteristics too put it nicely. I'm glad Cremer decided to go the route with no love triangle. At first, I thought "Oh god. Ember is gonna be in love with Alistar and Barrow" but Alistar comes onto her, and she quickly cuts him down. Borrow is her only love interest in the book, which is GREAT!
There are some very outstanding parts in this book, and there are other parts I wanted to bang my head against the wall.

The character Eira, a memember of the Guard and the Circle, is focused on alot in the middle of the book. The girl is pure evil, but had no intentions of it. It's very interesting if you ask me, it's worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rift.