Pati's Reviews > Kade's Dark Embrace

Kade's Dark Embrace by Kym Grosso

Aug 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: cops-fbi, lendable, lendable-m-f, paranormal

Actually a 2.5 for me bumped it up instead of down solely because I did finish it wondering about the next one.

I'm not sure what I really want to say about "Kade's Dark Embrace". The premise was good as were the characters. However, I kept being thrown out of the story with so many flaws that I never fully got into the book. Not only were there lots of typos, such as misplaced words and very mixed up sentences, but there were also timeline issues, which left me wondering when it was, and not showing enough movements of the characters. For instance one minute the 2 MCs are standing in a very crowded tattoo parlor talking and the next while still talking they are beside the car and getting ready to leave. Furthermore, I found myself time and again thinking OMG a real crime scene isn't handled that way or that quickly! And honestly, I found a lot of what the ME said quite ridiculous. I wish the author would have researched police procedure and forensics more thoroughly since I did get the impression that she was trying to get this right.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kade's Dark Embrace.