Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)'s Reviews > Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft

Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman

Aug 19, 12

Read in August, 2012

Cover:
Very appealing cover, I like the spiral effect and the coloring. I for one am a huge fan of the girls in dresses on covers.

Beginning:
The start of the story took me some time to get into. Learning the characters, the setting and pacing was something that I did have to get used to. When I initially picked up the book, it was a lot larger than I thought it would be.

Middle:
The pacing and plot really starts to pick up around chapter 5. Lets just say the magic really starts to happen. The pace really does start to pick up and I was getting pretty excited to keep reading to see what was going to happen. I was still a little unsteady about how I felt about Audrey's character, she was still growing on me. But I really enjoyed the magic and witchcraft that beings to take place.

End:
Without spoilers, I enjoyed the ending of the story because the connection between Audrey and her sister. I liked to see her take a protective stance and horrified by the events that take place right at the end. My heart broke for what the girls had to go through and witness with their mother. I was on the edge of my seat for awhile.
The story has a great villain that you will love to hate. Evil that keeps the anticipation and the heart beat racing. I couldn't read those last pages fast enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft.