Lindsay's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

5206569
Aug 18, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, reviews, on-blog, a-s-a-p
Recommended to Lindsay by: ✿Alyssa✿
Recommended for: Anyone and everyone that loves to laugh and loves romance
Read from September 05 to 07, 2012

Oh. My. God! I’m not quite sure I know what to say…

This book was amazing! I don’t recall a time that I laughed so much while reading a book! I know there have been times, I just can’t think of any.

When I first saw this book around GR, I dismissed it due to its (slightly) cheesy cover. Then a friend sent me the link to the book and told me to check it out (thanks Alyssa!), so I did. I was excited to read it. I love stories where couples were separated and find each other again. Then I saw the mixed reviews for the book…I still wanted to read it, but I was kind of scared off. Once I made the decision to get the book, it was unavailable on Amazon (which was really annoying). When it finally came back online, it was on sale, so I jumped on it with no read date in mind. Then came Wednesday…I finished the book I was reading and I couldn’t decide what to read next. I finally decided to start Seduction and Snacks, and I was hooked, and laughing, with the first line…and I kept laughing until the end.

Honestly…there were moments that I laughed so hard, I had years running down my face. And while there were some jokes in the book, it was more the “I can’t believe they said that” moments that made me laugh. They had such colorful vocabularies.

And poor Carter! If I had been warned by everyone with this:

I probably would have had second, third and fourth thoughts about getting involved with someone! (and BTW…I totally pictured Robert De Niro as Clarie’s father). But it definitely cracked me up when Gavin gave him the “I’m watching you…” sign!

I think what I liked most about the book was the characters. If Claire was a real person, I could totally see myself being friends with her…I actually have a friend like her. Granted, my friend isn’t quite as…colorful…as Claire, but personality wise, she’s pretty close. I also loved Carter. He was…amazing, and sweet. I loved how the book went between Claire and Carter’s POVs. I loved seeing how into each other they were. I also loved the beginning of the book. Both Claire and Carter spent time looking for and thinking about the one that got away in college. Even before they met, I could feel the connection between them. I couldn’t wait for them to meet up again and actually get back together.

I was really impressed with Carter’s reaction to finding out about Gavin. Yes, he went off the rails for a week, freaking out but that was understandable. But after wrapping his head around his new reality and the immediate changes to his life, he was right back in there; ready, willing and wanting to be part of Claire and Gavin’s family. There was no blame or anger at Claire for the keeping Gavin from him. Carter accepted what happened, and moved on with his family. That was really refreshing since most stories with the “secret” child have the guy being a jerk when he finds out because the woman didn’t tell him the second she suspected she was pregnant.

This book just seemed real to me. It all seemed like something that could happen to me or someone I know. Carter wasn’t some millionaire that Claire met one night then meets up with later and her whole world is changed because of his money. He’s a normal guy, with a normal job. She was a single mother that had to drop out of college due to her pregnancy. She went home and with the help of her family and friends, made a good life for her son. She worked hard to provide a good life for him. It wasn’t extravagant but it was still comfortable.

And Gavin…Lol. He cracked me up! He was a part sponge and part parrot…everything he soaked up came right back out of his mouth. I’ve been around a few kids like that but Gavin was definitely funnier. He did say a few things that left me with a on my face even as I was laughing.

I will definitely re-read this in the future, it’s a new favorite of mine!

(view spoiler)

My reviews can also be found on the blog Confessions of 2 Book Lovers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

Quotes Lindsay Liked

Tara Sivec
“If you two yentas are finished discussing Claire’s rabid who-ha, me and the boys would like to eat sometime this century."

"You and 'the boys?' You just met them today. Does the Ya Ya Brotherhood already have a secret handshake and a password?" Liz joked.”

Tara Sivec
“I had been out of the game for too long. I couldn’t even get drunk and flirt anymore. I could however, get drunk and look like a stroke victim.”

Tara Sivec
“I suddenly had a vision of my sperm swimming around and talking in Bruce Willis’s voice like in Look Who’s Talking. “Come on! Swim faster! This little shit has no idea we escaped from the condom! Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!”

Tara Sivec
“In hind sight, telling him all strangers wanted to eat him wasn’t my finest hour. Having to explain to a bunch of crying children in line to see Santa why my kid was screaming ‘DON’T GO NEAR HIM! HE’LL EAT YOUR FINGERS!’ was no picnic.”

Tara Sivec
“Holy shit, did they just kill off that fish’s wife?” I blurted in shock.
“Yep,” Gavin replied. “That big, mean fish ated her.”
He said it so calmly – like it was no big deal that a sweet, loving cartoon fish just got murdered. What the fuck was wrong with this movie? This couldn’t be appropriate for kids. I didn’t think it was appropriate for me.”

Tara Sivec
“All the baby books written by women who had the most perfect birth experience in the world said you should talk to your child in the womb. That was about the only piece of advice I took from those things. Every day I told him if he ruined my vagina I would video tape his birth and show all his future girlfriends what happened to your who-ha when you had sex, ensuring that he will never, ever get laid.”

09/05/2012
4.0% "I'm only at 4% and I'm addicted!

I see a long night ahead of me! Good thing I don't have work tomorrow! :D
" 6 comments
09/06/2012
50.0% "This book makes me

and
Photobucket

As for Carter...
" 8 comments
09/07/2012
100.0% "I can't believe I'm finished with this book...
Photobucket"
09/16/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited Sep 07, 2012 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

✿Alyssa✿ FANTASTIC review girlfriend! I can't wait to read this book and laugh as much as you did! And your version of Carter is smoking hot! By the way... you know how Big Brother is one of my favorite shows, right? Well... doesn't the picture you posted of Carter, remind you of Shane from this season of Big Brother? (I may be crazy, but I see the resemblance!)

Karla Awesome review Lindsay! Love your Carter. I have this and hope to read it soon!

message 3: by Lindsay (last edited Sep 07, 2012 07:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "FANTASTIC review girlfriend! I can't wait to read this book and laugh as much as you did! And your version of Carter is smoking hot! By the way... you know how Big Brother is one of my favorite sho..."

Lol. There is a similarity but Carter is hotter! :P

You could used your Big Brother dude for your Carter! ;)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book soooo much!!!! Cant wait for book#2 :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Lindsay...great review and Wowza!! i love ur pic of Carter!!

Lindsay Karla wrote: "Awesome review Lindsay! Love your Carter. I have this and hope to read it soon!"

I know that some people had issues with it, I really enjoyed this Karla.

I can't wait to see your reaction to it! I'll be stalking your updates. :)

Lindsay Christina wrote: "I loved this book soooo much!!!! Cant wait for book#2 :)"

I just found out that there was a book 2! I can't wait to read it...the release won't come soon enough. :D

Lindsay ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "Lindsay...great review and Wowza!! i love ur pic of Carter!!

btw...go ck out her facebook page...she gets a lot of stuff from her son. she posted a pic of him and he is soooo Gavin!"

Lol. I'll do that. Thanks Sharon!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ sounds good Lindsay....and did u read the blurb for book 2? sounds like there might be trouble! :(

Lindsay I just read that! I hope the author doesn't tear them apart! I don't want drama and angst just for the sake of a second story.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ oh i know...me either. they are so cute together!

message 12: by Kellie (new)

Kellie G. Fantastic review!! I'm so happy to see you loved this book as much as I did!

✿Alyssa✿ Lindsay wrote: "♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "FANTASTIC review girlfriend! I can't wait to read this book and laugh as much as you did! And your version of Carter is smoking hot! By the way... you know how Big Brother is one o..."

LOL- good idea :)

Lindsay ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "oh i know...me either. they are so cute together!"

Same here! I think they are one of my favorite fictional characters.

Lindsay Kellie wrote: "Fantastic review!! I'm so happy to see you loved this book as much as I did!"

I did, it was fantastic! I can't wait to read it again and I can't wait to read book 2!

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Fantastic review Lindsay, think this may be up next! :)

Lindsay Thanks Emma. This book was great. It's just a basic romance, not unnecessary drama breaking them up. It was refreshing to read after so many love triangles. :)

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I've read its very funny too!! Sometimes i just need a straight forward romance and funny!!! :)

Lindsay I'm like that. I can only handle so much angst and drama before I need something light and fluffy.