May K.'s Reviews > Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Aug 18, 12

Read on August 18, 2012

This book just tore my heart out and then trampled it, water logged it, threw it off every single cliff available and tattered it with grime and sharp edges. When I first read the summary to my friend to see what she wanted to say about it she said it sounded like the story about a girl who just gets dumped. And that's not what this story is. We know how it ends, everyone knows how it ends. But it's written simply put- beautifully. The characters are so rich and intricately woven. They are truly fabulously written. I like how they made Tik Tok transgender but then brought someone in from Englad to challenge that, but written in such a language that you don't accept this form of criticism. And Pine Sap a frail boy but a strong friend. Written from the point of view of Tinkerbell you learn this new version of everything. You can't help but imagine the back story of every single character, imagine the unspoken stories, the realm of possibilities. It makes you want to curl up and die, but it won't let you because Tiger Lily is too strong to let something like this happen. But you can't think to yourself 'I have no heart for such sad stories" That's cowardly. This is the kind of book you just have to read. It's an experience. It's a different way of writing. And unlike stories as such as The Iron Queen and Rapture and all that, the ending is satisfying even though it's bittersweet. You understand it. It's been over a year since I reread a book in less than a month after reading it the first time. But this was just so perfect, I need to read it again. The very same day. It puts you in this state of mind that's hard to describe. My point is it's just perfectly written and it's one of my favorite and I'll just suggest it to everyone.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Lily.