Gabbi's Reviews > Earthly Desires

Earthly Desires by Leta Blake

Aug 18, 2012

bookshelves: elloras-cave, fairy-tale-themed-m-m-romances, fantasy, gay-romance, historical, love-at-first-sight, opposites-attract, series, leta-blake, keira-andrews
Read on September 17, 2012

4.5 Kisses

I love fantasy themed romances, so when I had the opportunity to read and review Earthly Desires, I immediately jumped at the chance to do it, and I’m very glad I did. I loved the creative storyline and the characters in this book kept me captivated with the story from start to finish.

When he was a baby, Prince Efrosin was cursed by a witch. He cannot feel emotional or physical pain, and the laws of gravity does not apply to him. Because of this affliction, he must be watched all the time because at any minute he could either float away or somehow get hurt and be unable to do anything about it.

On his eighteenth birthday, Efrosin feels like he needs some adventure in his life, and convinces his manservant to allow him to fly outside as if he were a kite. Reluctantly his manservant ties a rope to his ankle to keep Efrosin from flying away, but when Efrosin is accidently released, he finds himself flying away from the safety of the castle and his kingdom. When Efrosin manages to get caught in a tree, to his delight a handsome woodsman, Dmitri, finds him and saves him.
Dmitri doesn’t quite know what to make of Prince Efrosin. Between his inability to feel pain and not being able to keep two feet on the ground, Dmitri is both captivated and confused by the younger man. Dmitri immediately decides to take Efrosin back to his castle, but the Prince refuses to go, instead he wants to be Dmitri and become a man. Even though Dmitri knows he must eventually take Efrosin back home, he’s unable to deny the Prince and soon the two men find themselves in each other’s arms and falling in love. But, their love is forbidden and Efrosin is not safe outside the castle walls, will they be able to find a way to be together?

Earthly Desires is a sexy story between two unique and interesting heroes. I loved the way the story was told and enjoyed the fairytale-ish theme of the book itself. It’s full of adventure, romance and it highly entertained this reader throughout the entire book. It’s supposed to be the first book in the Tempting Tales series, and I cannot wait to read more of what these two authors have in store for us!

I also really liked both heroes. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for the carefree and careless Efrosin. He’s had to live a sheltered life, and since he doesn’t feel pain or other emotions, there is something quite sad about his existence. I loved the way Dmitri took care of him, and his love helped Efrosin become a whole man again. In the end, both men really thrived on each other’s love and when their story ended, I found myself having a huge smile on my face.

If you are looking for a book with a lot of angst…this is not for you. Yes, there is some angst, but it’s not overly done, but instead the story really concentrates on the love and adventure between Efrosin and Dmitri. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I read this book. Earthly Desires is highly entertaining and sure to bring a smile on those readers who love a well-told sexy and adventurous romance. This is the first book I’ve read by both of these authors and it won’t be my last! I’m looking forward to reading more by them and I’m anxiously waiting to see what else they have in store in the future. Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earthly Desires.