Isabella Kai's Reviews > His Lady Mistress

His Lady Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls

Aug 18, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

Max Blakehurst is an infuriating man with a hot and then cold attitude, again typical male. He doesn’t think. He doesn’t pause. He just goes head first until he hit a wall and remembers oh yeah that will hurt. But he knows when he’s wrong and he admits it when he is. I liked his devotion to his brother and how he appreciates the small things more than anything. It’s hard to love someone like Max Blakehurst and I think a stubborn man needs a sensitive woman to keep him in check and Verity Scott fits him like a glove.

Verity was confusing for me, typical female trait I think. Damsel in distress, yes, but I enjoyed the part when she hacked off her cousin’s hair. I admired her strength of character and determination. I liked the way she bridged gaps, the way she tried to belong. It’s hard thinking you’re unwanted and when all odds seem to be against you and when the one person who should be supporting you is also the person who’s causing you pain. But Verity rose above it and she made her mark. And I respect her character for that.

Max and Verity’s story was a whirlpool of drowning emotions which leaves you holding for breath every time you turn a page. There was no stopping them, it was one drama after another and I had my stomach tight in knots until the end of the book. It was frustrating at first, how they can’t seem to connect, but then it makes sense once everything was all laid out.

It’s just like life full of damning things but at the end of the day it’s how you live through it, damn and all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Lady Mistress.