Siobian's Reviews > The Haven

1362023
Aug 18, 2012

bookshelves: christian-fiction, read-in-2012, review-copy
Read in August, 2012

I fell in love with the characters of this series in the first book, The Keeper, and was very excited to be able to reunite with them in the second installment. The first chapter recounts the happenings from the first book, so if you haven't read it yet you don't have to to forgo this book, however reading them in order will definitely help give you a feel for all of the characters and the back story. In this story, we get to see Sadie's protective side and I have to admit to being extremely surprised by what she brings home with her from visiting her sister. She made for an interesting main character and I liked getting to know her better. Of course the Lapp family were wonderful to read about (especially MK!) but it was great to meet new characters too and I could never decide who Sadie would end up with, Gideon or Will. Throughout this book there were different twists and turns, some expected but most not what I expected, that kept me reading and engaged the whole time. If you enjoy Amish fiction, you will definitely enjoy this novel and I have to say that I am eagerly anticipating the next installment since I have heard that the main character will be Mary Kate!

*Please note, I received a copy of this novel from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haven.