Natasja's Reviews > The Fire of Dawn

The Fire of Dawn by V.V. Aku

Aug 21, 12

Read from August 18 to 19, 2012

The Fire of Dawn by V.V. Aku is her debut novel and a book I couldn’t put down. This story took me in from the first page and kept me reading till it was done. I was drawn to this book when I read the book description and I have to say it didn’t disappoint me.

Leah Koopman’s is a young woman who just turned eighteen and that is exactly the time when everything changes in her life. She finds out the hard way that she isn’t quite human and that some brotherhood is hunting her since the day she was born. Beside that she cannot seem to help herself when her body craves for one thing: human blood.

Soon she meets Max Machiavelli and is immediately attracted to him. It appears he is an immortal and he tells her that Leah is one of them. The immortals have been searching for her since the day she was born too, but not to kill because she might be the key to reunite all the covens and hopefully get rid of the brotherhood who hunts them once and for all.

I simply loved Leah, she is strong, determined and easy to love; after her first experience with the whole immortal thing I have to say she handles things just the way it should be. It was good to see she didn’t trust anyone that easily, she even doubted Max at first, but of course she can trust Max because he is her mate and he would die protecting her.

V.V. Aku has written a fabulous novel with amazing characters and a great storyline that will take you on an adventure through Europe and Russia. This author really took me by surprise with this debut book and I’m definitely going to keep my eye on her to see what else she’s going to write.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire of Dawn.