Amanda's Reviews > The Diviners

The Diviners by Libba Bray

Aug 23, 12

Read from August 18 to 23, 2012

I was lucky enough to be given a ARC copy of this book at my local bookstore Schulers.

This was a very good book. The story jumps back and forth between different characters, but the main character is Evie. The story takes place during the 1920s in New York. Evie is sent to live with her Uncle after she gets into some trouble back at home. Evie has a special talent and she is someone that is called a Diviner. Just by touching an item of someones she can know the secrets if that person. While she is living with her Uncle there is a serial killer named John Hobbes going around and killing people. Evies talent is something that can help with the investigation and tracking down the killer.

There are other characters that you meet in this book as well. There is Theta who is a Ziegfeld girl who has an ability that can't be explained. You meet Memphis who had the ability to heal, and his brother Isaiah who has the talent similar to seeing the future. There is also Sam, who can make himself invisible to other people. There is also Jericho, who has a secret about himself.

I liked this book a lot, my only complaint was there was a lot of characters and it jumped back and forth between them a lot. I liked Evies side of the story the most. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diviners.

08/19/2012 page 48