Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Transcend

Sep 16, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read from September 08 to 11, 2012

4.5 Stars!

A beautifully dark and haunting tale of love, betrayal, revenge and obsession.

The opening chapter of this book blew me away. It was riddled with deep, dark, and powerful emotion.

My heart immediately felt for the narrator and I didn't even know who he was yet. I didn't even know his story and I barely knew his name.

But I felt his love, his despair. And I felt his pain, his anguish. And his horror.

To say this story was a strong one would be an understatement. To say it was powerful isn't quite good enough.

To say it will leave you breathless, your heart breaking and leave you feeling bereft might come as close as I can get to describing how I felt when it was over.

There are so many twists and turns in this one. So much is going on that you don't know what is reality or falsehoods or even just the illusions of a mad man. It really did keep me wondering and wanting to find out more. Wanting to uncover the truth. I needed to know what was real and what wasn't. And I needed to know the whole story. Ien's story.

My only complaint is that the book would sometimes shift from first person narrative to third person and it was a little disorienting, sometimes it would happen within the same chapter and I would have to back track and reread to make sure I didn't skip something.

Other than that, this really was a uniquely crafted tale of mystery and darkness.

I will be watching this author because I predict that she will be coming out with some pretty amazing things in the future if this book is any indication of what she is capable of.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transcend.

09/08/2012 page 50
15.92% "This is fabulous!!"

Christine Fonseca I am looking forward to your thoughts :D

Christine Fonseca Thank you for such a thoughtful review! I am glad you enjoyed it

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) You are so welcome!! Thank you so much for letting me read and review it!