Kathrynn's Reviews > Naked in Death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Futuristic--set in 2058, New York City--sci-fi/romance/thriller with a dash of a nice romance thrown in the mix.

Eve Dallas is a NY police officer tracking down a serial killer when evidence leads her to Roarke (no last name). The two are attracted to each other and I found their relationship adorable. In time, trust is established and both their pasts help develop their characters and explain their flaws. In the midst of all that is a nice suspense element as they track down a ruthless serial killer of "licensed companions."

The writing was good. Bugged me when the point of view changed--without notice--from Eve to Roarke. Gave me pause until I adjusted to the change and figured out what happened. Otherwise, the chapters were short and there were sections in chapters that made for good stopping points.

4 1/2 Stars
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

10/12/2009 page 63
19.69% "Enjoying it. Set in the year 2058...NY, NY."
10/13/2009 page 126
39.38% "Hey, this is almost like a futuristic Karen Rose book!" 3 comments
10/14/2009 page 306
95.63% "Excellent! Can't wait to read #2 in this HUGE series." 6 comments

Eastofoz LOL! (Couldn't help it!) You'll really like it then Kathrynn if your fave genre is romantic suspense ;)

Dina I adore this series, Kathrynn! I hope you enjoy it too. And don't let the huge backlist scare you... :)

Kathrynn It has scared me. Just looked at them and I'm taken aback by the sheer volume of this series. Overwhelming.

Dina Think of it this way: if you like this series, you won't run out of books to read too soon, LOL.

Kathrynn So true! She sure can crank out the books, too.

Miss Kim I wouldn't recommend reading many at a time, though. They start to be too similar.

Dina Kim wrote: "I wouldn't recommend reading many at a time, though. They start to be too similar."

Ditto! But I still buy all the new releases faithfully. This series is my personal crack, and I need a fix twice a year. And JDR/NR is more than happy to deliver. ;)

Teryl Not laughing at all Kathryn. I really enjoy this series. I like the side characters the best.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

*echoing everyone else* I absolutely love this series, Kathryn and think (hope) you will to. I started in June and I've already read 20 of them. lol They can be very addicting. Also, if you like audiobooks the narrator to this series is very good and entertaining. .

Kathrynn Thank you for all the encouragement,ladies. So far, so good. I'm on page 63. Been using little bookmark flags (thank you Tammy!) to mark names and important info so I can add trivia questions to the never-ending book quiz. :-)

message 11: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina "Be forewarned that there is an incestuous element in this tale and may not be something everyone cares to read about."

That was a bit icky, but it didn't involve the H/h so I was OK with it.

Kathrynn I put some trivia questions on the never-ending book quiz that relate to this book. :-)

message 13: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Yes, I just took your questions! Loved them! :)