Fatema's Reviews > Wake

Wake by Amanda Hocking

Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: 2012, beautiful-covers, 3rd-person, mermaid, ocean, paranormalish, series-to-finish
Read on August 18, 2012

Ever since I finished the trylle trilogy and loved it I have been waiting for this book to come out. And I wasn't disappointed, even though I only gave it a 3/5. It was pretty good but not really original with the sirens. I did however enjoy the relationships in this book. The sister' relationship was really realistic and interesting. Harper was the responsible uptight older Sis while Gemma was the fun relaxed younger sister. There was also to romances in this book. One for each girl. There was Harper and Daniel. This was the really funny and cute relationship. Gemma and alex were really adorable and cute together. My favorite scenes would definitely have to be the ones involving Daniel and Harper. Those were always awkward but swoon worthy. My favorite character would definitely be Daniel. The reason this book didn't get a five out of five was that it dragged a little in the beginning. But after about a hundred and fifty pages it picked up a little. Also the paranormals were very creepy. They were three girls that are touristing in the town and have decided that they want Gemma to be on of them. I thought the story was good but I would have enjoyed it better if we didn't already know that Gemma was gong to turn into one of them. I also would have preferred if it was in first person with 2 POVs. All in all I liked it and will be reading the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake.