Dotti Elrick's Reviews > The Lady is a Vamp

The Lady is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands

Aug 18, 12

Read in August, 2012

I am a huge fan of this series, and was a bit disappointed with the last book, Christian's story. This one was much, much better. I was looking forward to learning more about Jeanne Louise.
Leaving work one morning, Jeanne Louise, is kidnapped my a mortal. When she wakes up she finds herself chained to the bed by a very handsome mortal, Paul, whom she cannot read or control. Knowing this she suspects he is her life mate. She also learns the reason for the kidnapping. He needs her to save the life of his five year old daughter, Livie. Livie has a brain tumor and is not expected to live much longer. Paul wants Jeanne Louise to turn Livie and save her life.
Jeanne Louise decides to cooperate and help where she can. She voluntarily stays with Paul and Livie and soon finds herself loving both of them. And trust me when I say you too will fall in love with little Livie. She is a precious child, that just tugs at your heartstrings.
But the Enforcers have found the house and she knows they will kill Paul for kidnapping her. So they head out of town, running from the Enforcers.
When the Enforcers finally catch up to them, things go from bad to worse in a heartbeat. All the plans Jeanne Louise and Paul have made are for naught.
The end of this book was so wrought with emotion I didn't know wether to cry, laugh, or just simply scream at the characters in the book. Keep your tissues handy, you'll need them.
I also enjoyed seeing most of the characters from past books show up and the end. A sort of immortal family reunion. It was great.
The one downside, is that there seemed to be areas of the first half of the book where scenes, thoughts and plans are repeated, over and over and over again. To the point that I started to just skip over them. I don't know if it was done as filler to stretch the book or if it was an oversight of editing.
But overall I loved this one.
If you are a fan of Lynsay Sands, of just a fan of vampires, you'll love this book.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady is a Vamp.