Reader.mon's Reviews > At First Sight

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

U 50x66
Aug 17, 2012

liked it

** spoiler alert ** I really liked the book except of the last couple chapters, because it honestly wasn't necessary.

At first sight is a nice and short story about two people who try to master the challenges of marriage. It must be said that it isn't a book where you can appreciate the language or the complex characters, it is just a nice story and really entertaining.

But that is why I don't understand why Sparks killed the woman. It doesn't help the storyline and you don't see how the protagonist accomplishes his loss. If there had been at least 100 more pages, in which the development of Jeremy were described, it would have made sense for the storyline. But you only get a few sentences therein the most obviously problems were descriped. I can live with killing people in books, but not if the author doesn't use the death in the following chapters and just finishs the book in this point. It wouldn't have changed anything if Lexie would had survived the childbirth. This is the part which is making me angry, to let people die, without sense, only to shock the readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At First Sight.