Trini's Reviews > Alice in Zombieland

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Sep 30, 12

Read from August 18 to 20, 2012

Holy HOTNESS!! Gena sure knows how to write em’. I love me some hotties with tattoos, swords and bulging biceps but that’s not all this book has to offer. Along with the bad-boy hotties we get heroic kick-ass females, zombies and a whole lot of action! I Loved it! I was sooooo excited to get an ARC of this book as part of AiZ Street Team and I tore through it in no time.
From the first time I seen AiZ at BEA not only did the cover fascinate and draw me in but the premise intrigued me. I was not disappointed! I haven’t read a zombie series like this before. The way Gena created her zombie world is unique and takes the “Zombie Apocalypse” to a whole new level.
Let’s talk about characters for a bit because let’s face it without great characters there wouldn’t be great stories. Alice “Ali” Bell is a sixteen year old girl in high school who has been very shelter due to her father’s overwhelming paranoia that there are evil things that come out at night. In the beginning of the book tragedy strike her and her family which opens up her otherworldly sense. This allows her to see that not only is her father not a mental case but that his paranoia has validity to it. Now that she had been “awakened” per se she is more determine to destroy these living dead beings that ruined and changed her life forever. The thing is she doesn’t know how. This is where Cole Holland comes in. He’s the ultimate kick-ass hottie with violet eyes..aaww dreamy. Except he want nothing to do with her and tries to keep his distance. Which (thank the gawd!) doesn’t last too long. Needless to say these two have great chemistry but are reluctant to let their attraction get in the way of their ultimate goal which is to obliterate all zombies from the face of the earth. These two are the main characters and take center stage of the story but Kat and Frosty steal the spot light a lot and I love absolutely them! Check out most of the characters profiles click here>>The White Rabbit Chronicles <<
This book was like a bull ride- crazy, wild, exhilarating, rough, tough, and too short (404 pages of awesomeness too short!) I wanted so much more. I don’t know how I’m going to wait a year for Through the Zombie Glass. It’s going to be torture! Pick this book up guys is was a fantastical read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in Zombieland.

08/18/2012 page 62
15.0% "I'm in love with Kat! She's my idol!"