Charmanie's Reviews > A Strange Fire

A Strange Fire by L.H. Cosway

Aug 17, 12

Read in August, 2012

This book is amazing!! I love it so much and I really would recommend my friends to read this book. This book is about a girl name Flo who had some very special power which can see through other peoples aura. Well, I'm not going to say details of the book to you all but in conclusion, it's about a girl with special power moving to a new town and meet new friends. Certainly, an exciting adventure begins.

Book provided by ARR #24 in the We ♥ YA Books! group, in exchange for an honest review

My feeling :
This book is so so so awesome that I stay up all night to read this book. The author's writing is so amazing that it keeps me reading the book non-stop. Even though I have nothing similar to Flo, but through out the story, it keeps making me feel like her and like I'm with her in the journey. I would probably read this book again since it's so fascinating.

I have always love books which is about super powers, supernatural etc. At first, I thought this book is an ordinary wizard and witch thingy. But then, it's a little bit different than what I think. The story didn't go with what I imagine. I think that's what makes this book so amazing.

In this book, I don't have a particular favorite character. But I have always admire Flo. It is because she always think so is so weak and shy to do anything, but the thing she doesn't know it that she can do everything with the power inside her. I always love characters who doesn't know that he/she has such a great influence and later of the story, they found out and make a good use of them.

Other than that, I love the relationship between Franklin and Flo a lot!! I can't tell you what happens between them but it absolutely awesome. Flo's friends and their act really touched me, I love their friendship, it was like that would never end.

None the less, the character who really get my attention at first, guess who? It's Flo's gran. Because in reality, I live with my gran, she is also as kind and caring as Flo's gran is. Which is one similarity between me and Flo, I can really get what she feels about having her gran around but not living in fear with her father. Because I feel the same way. Not that my parents are bad to me, but it always feel warm and comfortable when I am around when I am around my gran. She is patient, kind and caring just like Flo's gran is.

In conclusion, I'm really glad that I got the chance to read this book, it's the best book I have read in this summer! The love between Flo and her friends. Last but not least, this book is highly recommend by me!! Enjoy !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Strange Fire.