Mandy*reads obsessively* 's Reviews > Court Appointed: A Serving Love Story

Court Appointed by Annmarie McKenna

2.5*
This story wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either.
I guess I'm just OD'd on constant hard-ons when you hear his voice or see a smile! *sigh*
And I had trouble with a man whos job it is to protect a federal Judge from harm, and he has been threatened and there is proof his home was broken into, and all you can do, is try and blow him, while he is driving a car!
Never mind that he is not "out" and is in the middle of a very important case...sometimes I just can't turn my brain off.
The love story was nice enough, pretty fast, but that was ok, but the mystery and behaviour of the MC's and the rest just annoyed me.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Court Appointed.

09/01/2012
30.0% "Okay....leaving common sense and professionalism at the door!"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Mandy I love your reviews lol. This is definitely a NO NO for me just based on

Never mind that he is not "out" and is in the middle of a very important case.

One thing guaranteed to drive me crazy is blow jobs on someone while they are driving, followed by being horny no matter what the situation is. I don't care if its fantasy it totally ruins my reading mood [image error]

Mandy*reads obsessively* Yep, bugged me too!
All the training and this is IMPORTANT and all they can do is the bunny dance! LOL
He even says something like all my training and professionalism flies out the door when I see or touch you....well then maybe you should get someone else to do it if you can't!
And then they are saved by a poor 3 legged dog, who probably only runs out to save them because during the entire book no one has let the poor thing out to go!

message 3: by Deeze (new)

Deeze

Mandy*reads obsessively* There was also a case of (almost) fruit abuse! LOL

message 5: by Deeze (new)

Deeze I think this is why FBI/bodyguard style books rarely work for me. At least in a M/M romance setting. They rarely manage to get the Romance Vs Action right. But then I've not read that many lol.

message 6: by Deeze (new)

Deeze Mandy wrote: "There was also a case of (almost) fruit abuse! LOL"

Mandy*reads obsessively* Deeze wrote: "I think this is why FBI/bodyguard style books rarely work for me. At least in a M/M romance setting. They rarely manage to get the Romance Vs Action right. But then I've not read that many lol."

Well said Dee, that's how I feel too!