Amna's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Aug 27, 12

Read from August 18 to 23, 2012

I'm gonna add a proper review later on, but for now here we go:

By the time I finished reading Divergent (the 1st book of the series) I wondered if it was going to follow the same format as The Hunger Games, which is why I subconsciously wasnt expecting much from this second book (Insurgent). Not that I didn't enjoy Divergent, I did and yes I was comparing it to THG but it was still a good read for me.
I might have to read it again to make sure, but I think I like Insurgent more than Divergent. The story progressed faster (compared to Divergent) and a lot of questions were answered, even as new ones came up. Also, even though some parts were kinda depressing, it progressed logically for me. When it comes to life-or-death situations, and fight-or-flight choices, it makes sense for the consequences to be bad and horrifying. Still, I like how the characters in the book choose to pull through their despair, and work towards a better future.
I liked the ending also (don't worry no spoilers) but after I finished I felt very impatient, and I cant wait to read the third book now!! >_<
Looking forward to what happens next, and I really hope it won't be like Mockingjay (3rd and last book in THG series) and how depressing it was.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

08/17/2012 page 33
6.0% ""The truth has a way of changing a person's plans.""
08/21/2012 page 390
74.0% ""Got your gun?" "No, I figured I would shoot the bullets out of my nostrils, so I left it upstairs." "Oh, shut up."" 2 comments
08/22/2012 page 510
97.0% ""People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, burried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.""
show 1 hidden update…