Nathan Burgoine's Reviews > The Fling

The Fling by Rebekah Weatherspoon

Aug 26, 12

bookshelves: glbt
Read from August 15 to 26, 2012

Having already read Rebekah Weatherspoon's "Better Off Red" (a vampire sorority girl story that was freaking hot and a refreshingly new take on vampires) I knew that I was in for some quality writing with "The Fling."

It was there - from page one, Weatherspoon's erotic style is there in full force, and she wastes no time in getting you on board for the situation. The engaged Annie has a deal with her fiance Jeff - they're spending a month prior to the wedding as a kind of "one last hurrah" time apart. What happens in this month is intended to be just that - a last fling with their time apart. Jeff, Annie knows, is off in Europe with his buddies and probably sowing his last wild oats, and so Annie takes the opportunity to test that desire she's always had to sleep with a woman.

The woman in question is Annie's personal trainer, and Oksana is incredibly different from Annie - Oksana is mixed race, tattooed and pierced, and slim and toned; Annie has always been short, is blonde-cute, and has definitely been blessed in the breast department. Annie approaches this fling as just that - a one night stand, meant to be enjoyed and remembered, and nothing more.

Except Annie starts to realize that what she feels with Oksana is something bigger than she set out to enjoy.

What I hadn't expected was to get so caught up in the sweetness of the two women - both come from histories that leave them hesitant and scarred in realistic ways, and I caught myself gobbling my way through the book to make sure that things would end well for everyone involved. Of course, when you're talking about a relationship that was supposed to be a fling before marriage, how can no one get hurt?

Fun, sweet, and - of course - hot as heck, Rebekah Weatherspoon delivers again. It's almost enough to make me forgive her for not writing the fraternity boy side of her Vampire Sorority Sisters series.

Almost.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fling.

08/24/2012 page 67