Heller's Reviews > Cry Baby Hollow

Cry Baby Hollow by Aimee Love

Aug 17, 12

bookshelves: mf-contemp-military, mf-contemp-pnr, mf-contemp-shifters
Read on August 17, 2012

This was like reading a Sookie Stackhouse book except one where Sookie was smart and tough. It has a very clever take on werewolves here, one I've never read before, I really liked that a lot.

I enjoyed the characters in Cry Baby Hollow and how it came to get that name is very clever and all due the character of Vina who really makes this a quirky, interesting read. I also desperately want to go to any one of her Halloween bashes.

There's a sweet, sexy romance here between Aubery and her neighbour Joe. Nice progression with a slow burn, it's all cut to black but that works well here. I found some of the dialogue and situations a bit choppy which lead to a bit of confusion because the story seemed to jump a bit but it didn't take away from my enjoyment at all.

This is tight little shifter read with an original storyline with both a quirky setting and characters. I'd recommend this to any paranormal fan who may be experiencing a bit of shifter fatigue. This will definitely get you back in the swing of the genre again. It is a standalone story but there is definitely the possibility of revisiting Cry Baby Hollow again. I hope to see another book set here, I'd defintely read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry Baby Hollow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by MandyM (last edited Aug 18, 2012 01:32AM) (new) - added it

MandyM I like the look of this one. I've never heard of this author before. How did you hear about it?

Heller My friend Has found it and really enjoyed it. She didn't know anyone else who read it so asked me to give it a try so she'd have someone to talk about it with. :D We checked out the author site and there's a few interesting books coming up.

message 3: by MandyM (new) - added it

MandyM I'll give it a go thanks!:)

message 4: by Has (new) - rated it 5 stars

Has Oh I am glad you enjoyed it! I agree with you that this is like the smarter Sookiesque type UF. And the romance was cute but there was issues with the pacing although that didn't bother me as much because the characterisation was so rich.