Deborah's Reviews > My Kind of Christmas

My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr

Aug 20, 12

Read from August 17 to 19, 2012

I received this ARC courtesy of my friends at Netgalley & Harlequin books .

Robyn Carr adds another wonderful addition to her Virgin River series. I loved this story ! It features Patrick Riordan & Angie LaCroix, two people who are both at a crossroads in their lives.
Angie LaCroix ( Jack Sheridan's neice ) is taking a braek from medical school after nearly dying in a car accident. She is re-evaluating her plans to become a doctor. What she didn't plan on was falling for green-eyed Navy pilot, Patrick Riordan.
Patrick Riordan is on an extended leave while recuperating from the trauma of seeing his best friend & fellow pilot shot out of the sky. The chemistry between this two is explosive but they both have other commitments. Patrick gave his word to his buddy ,Jake, that he would look after his wife ,Marie, if the worst should happen. Well, the worst did happen & now Paddy stubbornly plans to marry Marie. Ange plans on leaving med school to join the Peace Corp. She's determined to give back to the world. So they decide that they will enjoy their passion until Patrick leaves to go spend Christmas with Marie & her son.
Will Angie's efforts to help a young girl disfigured in an accident help her to realize that she can do more good by finishing medical school ? And will Patrick finally see that he doesn't have to step into Jake's shoes to look after his his buddy's family ? Or will he & Angie deny their love & part forever ?
Ms. Carr has attracted a huge following with her Virgin River series. The stories feature characters that are dedicated to country , community & family. Each story adds not only new characters but continues the stories of the characters we have already met. In this story readers will revisit two of the central families of the series , the Sheridans & the Riordans, adding to the heartwarming sense of family that this series fosters. She pulls the readers into her stories with characters that are vibrant & interesting. It is these plain old down to earth people struggling to survive yet daring to love that brings these stories to life.
My Kind of Christmas is sure to be a home run with long time fans of the series. A flying five stars for this one !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Kind of Christmas.