Helena Fili's Reviews > Starling

Starling by Lesley Livingston

Sep 07, 12

Read from September 04 to 07, 2012

Starling was such a great read. I enjoyed it so, so much! Fast-paced and action packed, it made me want to continue reading it, no matter what. I've missed books with action very much. Lately, YA books are focused more in the romance or just don't have action. Well, this one has. A lot. And, damn, if I needed some kick ass action!

I enjoyed Lesley Livingston's writing, too. The perspective was often changed, which I liked a lot, because we understand the book's world better, we got to see important scenes and what the other characters thought.

What I didn't like in this book was that I didn't really meet the characters. I mean, I feel like I don't know them, like I don't know their personalities. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we didn't get to fully get to know the characters themselves. Okay, maybe, it's logical for Fennrys with all the amnesia thing and all - but what about Mason? The only thing I'm completely sure about her is she has claustrophobia and knows how to fence. :P Which is not a lot, let me tell you.

Apart from that, I believe that this is a good book with a lot of Norse mythology which I deeply enjoyed. I haven't gotten to read a book only about Norse mythology before and I found it quite fascinating. I'll surely read more in the future.

To sum up, if you're looking for an action-packed, well-written and full of Norse mythology book, Starling is the book for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starling.

09/04/2012 page 9