Nadine Larter's Reviews > Life As I Blow It: Tales Of Love, Life & Sex . . . Not Necessarily In That Order

Life As I Blow It by Sarah Colonna

Aug 19, 2012

Read from August 17 to 19, 2012

Sarah Colonna is my soulmate. How dork-ass fan-ish is that? Meh. I've read a couple of reviews about this book and it seems to be one of those you-either-love-it-or-hate-it books. Or should I be saying that about Sarah Colonna herself? I think it takes a big bite of "special" to be this kind of honest. I think it's pretty damn fantastic to say "this is how it is" and be telling the truth. You can feel it, hear it as the words wash over you. Hearing that honesty in writing is my absolute favourite thing about reading. That "I believe you" feeling that washes over me is my cocaine. It is my reason for writing. And it is my reason for above all else, striving for honesty in the things that I write. I write so that when you read it, you will believe me. Even the most far fetched of stories can hold the most precious nugget of truth.

I don't know who Sarah Colonna is. My sister is a huge fan, but I don't have a clue who she is. Also, I don't usually read non-fiction. Memoirs and biographies don't really do it for me. I like play-play people in play-play worlds. But I'm glad I picked this up. I'm not sure why (apart from the fact that it's funny and I enjoyed reading it). Something about it just feels hopeful. Or made me feel hopeful. I dunno.

Whatever it is....I think it would be pretty damn cool to go out for drinks with this chick :)
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life As I Blow It.

08/17/2012 page 39
16.0% "I wasn't supposed to be reading this book now. In fact I made damn sure that I had the new Spud book to read for this weekend. But this bright pink monstrosity has been hanging out in my kitchen for about two weeks now so I decided to pick it up while making coffee this afternoon. The first page had me gagging with laughter. Loving it :)"
08/17/2012 page 39
16.0% "It's also not easy to find a guy who doesn't mind that at one point in my life, I slept with somebody named "Paul's Friend" -PMSL"
08/17/2012 page 39
16.0% "Also burst out laughing at the idea that these two were hanging out with a Rod Stewart impersonator but not at all aware that he wasn't actually Rod Stewart. LMAO! (husband thinks I have lost the plot)"
08/17/2012 page 80
33.0% "Cackling at the "Is my vagina normal" debate. Thank god there were no graphic descriptions!"