Aysun's Reviews > A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love

A Devil's Chaplain by Richard Dawkins

Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: kindle, non-fiction
Read from August 17 to 18, 2012

This book is just as aggressive as I thought it'd be from its name. So the sensitive religious people should be warned in case of an offence.

It was a really nice collection of essays on various topics. I found some parts with less Biology to be a little boring, probably cause I've already read many books pointing out the negative sides of religions. I read those parts mostly skimming so as not to get bored and abandon the book. But I've noticed that the author's writing style will never not be unappealing to me no matter how many times I've heard the same things.

Overall it was a pretty informative book. I can say that it was time well spent. But I do wish I had read The Greatest Show on Earth instead which has been sitting on my shelf forever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Devil's Chaplain.

Quotes Aysun Liked

Richard Dawkins
“Even those who do not, or cannot, avail themselves of a scientific education, choose to benefit from the technology that is made possible by the scientific education of others.”
Richard Dawkins, A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love

08/17/2012