Melindeeloo's Reviews > Biting Cold

Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: vampires, urban-fantasy
Read from August 17 to 18, 2012

3 stars = "I liked it but..." Review to come but some thoughts for now.... Oh and as others have mentioned, read no farther here unless you've already made it through Drink Deep and don't read the back cover blurb for this one either if you don't want to be spoiled

Biting Cold starts off feeling very much like a Weather Wardens book with the road trip and the tornado, and with one of the characters being susceptible to one of the 'bad guys'. I was iffy about the direction the series took at the end of the previous book, but I just 'went with it' here anyway.

I guess after 6 books I am having some issues with the series

- Merit does the relationship polka a bit too often, but at least she does attempt to make a stand against a 'hot and cold running' lover.

- I think that there was a big waste here of the link that one of the past book's villains had with one of the main characters, that link was 'used' only minimally, when there could have been some heavy - and interesting and heart wrenching - fallout from that. There isn't.

- the same thing for the bad guy who takes over the villain slot in the second half of the book here. What he 'was' is really interesting but potential of that character is squandered - can't say more without being spoilerish.

- and while there is still vampire political drama for Cadogan house, and some issues with racism against supes, a fair amount of this book and the last was putting things for Merit back to square one and I am not even just talking about her love life, I thought she was becoming something beyond a kick butty den mother for the Cadogan 'dorm'

more to come later...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biting Cold.

08/17/2012 page 76
23.0% "Biting Cold (at three or four chapters in) is feeling very much like a Weather Wardens book with the road trip and the tornado, and one of the characters being susceptible to one of the 'bad guys'. I was iffy about the direction the series took at the end of the last one took so we'll see..."