Charlotte Lynn's Reviews > Twelve Months

Twelve Months by Steven Manchester

Aug 17, 12

Leave More Than You Can Take....

Don DiMarco is happily married to the love of his life, Isabella. Together they have a grown daughter Riley, who is happily married with two amazing children. When Don starts not feeling so well he goes to the doctor and finds out he has stage 4 cancer. From the minute of his diagnosis he knows that he needs to live his life to the absolute fullest.

Don lives out his dreams. He choses to mend some friendships he had let fall to the side. Don's biggest challenges and most important are showing his wife how much he loves and treasuers her and giving his granchildren amazing memories.

Twelve Months made me open my eyes and heart to how quickly the direction your life is heading can change. This novel will teach you how to live your life with everything you possibly can.
I quickly put myself in Riley's position. Feeling as she did if it was my father. I loved how supportive, never telling her dad how crazy his idea may be, always telling him to do it, to live it. I do wish her life hadn't been so busy and that there would have been more time for Don and Riley. More memories for them to share.

Anyone who loves a heartfelt celebration of life has to read this novel. I smiled at the fun and living that Don and Isabella did. I was envious of Don's will to live and his strength in doing so. I cried at his struggles and pain in living his dreams.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twelve Months.