Melissa's Reviews > The Mighty Storm

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

Dec 06, 12

bookshelves: give-me-just-one-night, crushing-hard-on-the-cover, worth-having-in-paperback-and-ebook
Read from August 26 to 27, 2012

What is it about a fictional love triangle that makes us, as readers, throw caution to the wind? Not only forgiving the guilty parties in said love triangle but ROOTING for them as well??

Tru Bennett has lost contact with her childhood best friend, Jake Wethers, for tweleve years. When she learns that she, as a music journalist, will be interviewing the gorgeous rock star heart throb lead singer of The Mighty Storm (TMS), she is in total freak out mode. Why? Well it wouldn't be the kind of steam and dream you crave from a love triangle if the rock star god wasn't the childhood friend with whom contact had been lost now would it?!

Jake Wethers. Smokin' hot, tattooed, cocky, and always used to getting his way is the lead singer of the hottest band currently out right now, TMS. When Tru walks through that door, the chemistry, longing, passion vibrates through the room in waves. Twelve years apart did nothing to die down the apparent connection, the sparks, the unspoken love still felt for one another. What's the problem? This could be the most epic love story ever told! Oh. Yes. The longtime boyfriend.

Will. He is the wonderful longtime boyfriend of Tru. He is attractive, dependable, honest, reliable, trustworthy, charming...the list could probably go on and on. However, where is the passion? The raw emotion? The drowning need to consume you? I love you Will, but my heart is with Jake. In reality, Will would most certainly seem the wiser choice, the safe choice. BUT. This is fiction and I love a sexy heartthrob! Especially one who will tell you:

"I'll never be good enough for you, I know that. But I'm no good without you, and if that makes me a selfish bastard for wanting you as badly as I do, then so be it because I cant live a life that doesn't have you in it."

Go ahead. Start swooning now!....And let the love triangle war commence!

This story had a little bit of everything to equal a whole lot of something. I loved how it unfolded, the personal and separate journey's the characters had to take, the supporting characters (Stuart hands down my favorite!), and the emotional turmoil that needed to be endured to be able to move forward to the next chapter in life.

Jake and Tru

Breaking up is hard to do. So is living, loving, and trusting. When there are so many emotions involved and at risk, do you play it safe or go with your heart? Who will Tru choose? ....and will it be too late? Read and find out! I thoroughly enjoyed becoming immersed in this read :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mighty Storm.

08/27/2012
45.0% "Try needs to decide already!!"
08/27/2012
64.0% ""Joder, Jake... that's what I want to do with you know, " I whisper..... Umm HOT!!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angie's Dreamy Reads Awesome review my love!!!!!! I adore this book!!!

Melissa thanks honey! :)

Amber Cox I am starting this tonight!! Can't wait! Your review makes me want to leave work NOW and go read!!

Melissa Amber wrote: "I am starting this tonight!! Can't wait! Your review makes me want to leave work NOW and go read!!"

Ooo can't wait for you to start!!! :)...PLEASE keep me posted! I was just talking about this book with a friend today hehe...Work ruins everything LOL :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Mel :)

Melissa Blacky wrote: "Great review Mel :)"

Blacky you're making me feel pretty awesome right now :) so thank you!

Blacky *Romance Addict* LOL :D No problem :) You write really good reviews :)

Melissa Blacky wrote: "LOL :D No problem :) You write really good reviews :)"

I'm totally blushing right now! Thanks :D