Kruti's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Apr 10, 15

did not like it
bookshelves: hate-is-not-a-strong-enough-word, why-the-hype, reviewed, a-z-challenge-2012, trade-for-a-subway-sandwich, new-adult, didnt-like
Read from August 17 to September 12, 2012

What did I just read?

A beautiful total disaster in my opinion. This was truly awful! I don’t know what I hate more: the characters, the mindless drama, the mediocre writing, the non-existent illogical plot, or the unhealthy relationship.

Warning: I may end up ranting here so if you value your sanity, you might want to back away now because to be perfectly honest, this book frustrated the hell out of me! I expected so much more and was left utterly disappointed on all counts.

The characters are simply absurd. I had some serious issues with every single one of them, with the exception of Kara (Abby’s roommate) of course, who seems to be the only voice of reason. She says what everyone else is thinking and pretty much got it spot on when she asks Abby, ‘Do you know what co-dependency is?’ and tells her that Travis is co-dependent and how dangerous it can be for someone to need someone else that much. Naturally, Kara’s labelled a bitch and we’re supposed to hate her without so much as an explanation. To this day, I can only speculate. If you read the entire book, it becomes much clearer though. Travis is depicted as being the best thing since chocolate was invented. Everyone literally worships the ground he walks on and anyone who doesn’t find him irresistible must be an idiot.

Well, I guess I’m an idiot too.

In terms of the main characters, they were poorly developed and felt one-dimensional. I’ve read the entire book and I still haven’t got a damn clue as to what any of them even look like. Seriously! I didn’t even know that Abby and America are blondes until I saw it mentioned in a review. I kid you not!

In a character driven story, like this one, I better know the characters on some deeper level, understand the motivations behind their decisions or why they act the way they do if you want me to give a crap about them. That just wasn’t the case here. For example, if you were to ask me why Travis can’t keep away from Abby or why Abby acts like an idiot on numerous occasions, the only response you’ll get from me is a blank stare (and lots and lots of colourful language). There’s absolutely no logic behind some of their decisions and you will end up banging your head a lot.

Speaking of Abby. I didn’t connect with her at all and reading from her perspective was no picnic in the park.

Ever waited in line to order a meal? It’s always the days when you’re in a hurry that you happen to be queuing behind the most undecided person ever. You know what I’m talking about - that person, who spends an eternity to order something. Well, there’s your Abby. That person, who can’t decide whether to get a Big Mac or to order something healthy like a salad. What’s worse is that her decisions make absolutely no sense whatsoever. She would spend pages and pages explaining that she doesn’t like a Big Mac or want it and should avoid it like the plague because of what happened in her past, yet she will still end up picking just that. Every. Fucking. Time.

God, she was really annoying. In fact, I blame her just as much as Travis, maybe even more so. She lets Travis get away with so much crap and keeps forgiving him. There are even times when she actually blames herself for what he’s done. No, just no. That is classic abuse mentality and there will come a time when he beats her and she’ll end up telling herself, “It was really my fault anyway!”

Seriously?!? He gets drunk and has a fucking threesome in the living room while she’s sleeping in the other room and she thinks it’s her fault because she hurt his feelings. *headdesk*

Then we have Travis, your resident bad-boy with a tragic past. He’s pretty much your average bad boy - he smokes, he drinks, he rides a motorbike, has tattoos (oh god, this gets beaten over your head A LOT of times!) and acts like a general asshole. Also, just to make things even more realistic, he has an IQ that would surpass Stephen Hawking. He’s tough and can take out three professional fighters without having trained once in his life, and yes, of course he has abs that men would trade their souls for.

He has absolutely no redeemable qualities in my opinion. He has no respect for women. He goes through them like toilet paper; tosses one aside then moves onto the next one in record-breaking time. He’s overbearing. He has a temper (actually, that’s putting it mildly). He’s volatile and goes on a rampage over the slightest of things. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love an alpha male as much as the next girl but my god, he’s a complete psychopath. He acts like he owns Abby and there was a time (actually several times) when he actually beats a guy to a pulp for simply breathing near her. I’m sorry but sooner or later, he will end up killing someone.

Shepley (Travis’ cousin) and America (Abby’s so called BFF) weren’t a whole lot better either. Shepley has his head so far up Travis’ ass, I’m surprised he can still breathe. All this guy ever does is defend Travis, even though he always ends up losing his girlfriends over it. It never occurs to him that the reason why his girlfriends leave him isn’t because Travis “bags” the best friend and it’s suddenly a conflict of interest for them to date Shep but rather because he keeps on defending Travis.

“Everyone thinks he’s this asshole, but if they only knew how much patience he has dealing with every girl…he can’t go anywhere without them bugging him."

Yes, Travis is just an innocent bystander in all of this. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he can’t get a handle on his over-active libido.

America is the worst best friend ever. I pretty much made up my mind about her 3% into the book when she says:

“You’re only making it worse by brushing [Travis] off. He’s not used to that.”
“What do you suggest I do? Sleep with him?”
America shrugged. “It’ll save time.”

There’s even a scene when Travis throws Abby over his shoulder and is dragging her back to his apartment and Abby asks her for help. What does she do? Laughs, of course. She doesn’t care about Abby’s safety at all. She only acts like a real best friend twice in this whole book. Twice. That’s saying something. The rest of the time she plays matchmaker and encourages her to stay with the violent jerk. She’s also quick to blame Abby whenever Travis flies into rage too. Some friend she is.

“Travis is what you want, and Parker is what you think you need.”...
"if you don’t like the way people are talking about you—change. It’s not Travis’ fault.”

Then we have Parker, the other love interest. He’s nothing special really. I thought he was ok at first but I never really understood what he sees in Abby. He just kept on coming back for her. Again and again. She freaking dumps him over the phone using Travis’ phone at 3 o’clock in the morning. She treats him like crap and he’s always there waiting for her to take him back. Honestly, he has no backbone. The guy literally runs the moment Travis enters a scene. The picture below perfectly describes Travis “Mad Dog” Maddox and Parker.

description

God, let’s move onto the plot (if you can even call it that). This is literally a soap opera on paper. There’s more drama here than an episode of Eastenders! The characters are nothing but pawns on a chessboard, moving from one scene to the next.

Beautiful Disaster starts of with Abby and America attending a fight in the school’s basement. We then meet Price Charming, who beats the crap out of some guy and wins his fight, as per usual. Abby ends up with blood on her cardigan (note: this will be the first and last time you hear any mention of her cardigans) and a new nickname courtesy of Travis for some inexplicable reason. Seriously, the guy names her Pigeon/Pidge and calls her that for the rest of the book. What kind of nickname is that? That’s not sexy at all and second of all, he’s known her for 2 seconds and he’s already changing her name. *facepalm* Next, he’ll tell her what to do. Oh wait, he does do that too.

Anyway, things happen. Travis can’t keep away from her for inexplicable reasons and more or less demands that they become friends. Yeah, get used to Travis being a controlling jerk and generally forcing his way into her life. Abby, although uncomfortable and wary at the beginning, starts to enjoy his attention and gloats whenever she sees disappointed girls looking her way. Yeah, well in any case, they end up living together through some lame ploy, like broken boilers. I know. The last time I checked, a little cold water didn’t hurt anyone. Honestly, in what world does it make sense to leave campus to go search for hot water? I can’t even.

Abby and America arrive in the nick of time to see Travis’ latest one-night stand leaving and this is where the girl on girl hate and the casual slut shaming really starts to begin. This irks the hell out of me. Women in this book are carelessly referred to as “sluts”, “whores”, “skanks”, “clueless bimbos” and my personal favourite, “STD infested imbeciles”. That’s just peachy. There’s no mention whatsoever of what Travis does or how he treats them, just that these girls are plain dirty.
(view spoiler)

Honestly, it’s a catch-22 situation. You’re a bitch, like Kara, if you hate Travis and a slut/whore/any other derogatory term if you sleep with him. NO, just no!

Anyway, I could go on and on about nonsensical plotlines and what annoyed me the most but then I would be here all day. So, to give you a quick summary, there’s a bet and Abby ends up losing it. As a result, she ends up staying with Travis for a month. We then spend 50% of the book dealing with Abby’s incessant whinnying. She goes on and on and on about how she doesn’t want Travis and how they’re just friends but when he says, "I don’t want to sleep with you, Pidge. I like you too much.” her natural response is, "I couldn’t help but feel deficient in some way knowing he had no desire to even try to sleep with me." And this - I clinked my bottle against his. “To being the only girl a guy with no standards doesn’t want to sleep with.” I said, taking a swig.

I won’t even touch on that, though that does lead me to my next point - the reason why Abby can’t be with Travis. I should warn you, this is a real brainteaser and I still have no fucking clue. Abby spends half the book pushing Travis away and at first, I thought it was because Travis was famous for screwing every girl that walked past him and she didn't want to be another notch on his belt. I mean, what girl in her right mind wants to be treated like disposable garbage, right? But no, that’s not it. There’s this whole incident where he screws two women while she’s in the other room and she’s all like ‘I don’t care’. So, why is she pushing him away? Because he’s her dad. Wait, that came out wrong. Let me start again, Mick, her dad was this gambler with a drinking problem and a bad temper. His luck changed when Abby turned 13 and he blamed her for it. What that has to do with Travis, I don’t know. He doesn’t gamble per se. They both drink until the day dawns so that’s not an issue. And she doesn’t seem to have a problem with Travis’ “bad temper”. In fact, there’s a time when she encourages him to beat up some guy to teach him some manners. And yet, she still spends most of the book going on about how she can’t be with him and America keeps reassuring her that Travis isn’t Mick.

If that wasn’t confusing enough, we then get this:

“I can’t be with him,” I whispered.
“Travis needs work. Trust me, I understand any and all reservations you have about him, but look how much he’s already changed for you. Think about the last two weeks, Abby. He’s not Mick.”
“I’m Mick! I get involved with Travis and everything we’ve worked for…poof!” I snapped my fingers. “Just like that!”

So, she’s like her dad now. Wait, what?? Few chapters later, she’s back to talking about how Travis is like Mick. Seriously?

description

Anyway, she lives with Travis and starts to date Parker. The rumour mill at her school university goes crazy. I mean, really? I’m sorry but the whole university setting was just laughable. The characters behave so much like they’re in high school. They have nothing better to do then burst into songs in the cafeteria and gossip all day about one girl’s relationship (or lack of one). Everyone knows what it’s like to be in Uni. You’re loaded down with so many assignments that you have barely time to breathe. And if the boilers did break in the dorms, they would be fixed within a day. Also, all universities care about the safety of their students. So, do you really expect me to believe that Travis can simply put people into comas and he never gets arrested? Honestly, not even a disciplinary hearing?? I just can’t.

Moving on then, Abby’s still confused. She can’t decide whether she wants a Big Mac or a salad and keeps on stringing both men along. Her birthday comes up, there’s a party. Things happen. Later on, Shepley breaks up with America. Why? Because Abby gets wasted. Yeah, you read that right. Fear not, they get back together two hours later. Some more things happen. The bet ends. They sleep together. Abby leaves. She still can’t decide what she wants. Travis destroys the apartment. Abby goes on a date with Parker. Abby goes to a date party with Travis. Abby calls Parker and dumps him. They finally get together. Travis screws up. Travis apologises. Abby forgives him. They sleep together. Travis screws up some more. He apologises. Abby forgives him. Repeat cycle few times, add in some hustling, some tattooing, a random Vegas trip, some more hustling, some mob threats, even more fighting, some breaking up, lots more broken things, my head hurts, one uncomfortable Thanksgiving, some sleeping together, some actual studying, Travis screwing up some more, Shepley and America breaking up, another date with Parker, some fighting, some more fighting, some kicking and screaming, some making up, more fighting, a fire, an almost death, a proposal, a Vegas trip, a wedding, some more ‘I haven’t really thought this through’ tattooing and some more bets. The End!

I think that pretty much covers it all and as for their relationship, I still don’t get it. With so much drama going on, I was utterly confused. I mean, Travis is supposed to be a “stud”. Every girl literally throws herself at him but for some inexplicable reason, he decides he wants Abby. There's absolutely no mention of what he likes about her except that she refused to drop her panties the moment she met him. Seriously, not once does he mention why he loves her but he does say:

“I had a thing for you since the night of that first fight…You in that cardigan with blood all over you? You looked absolutely ridiculous," he chuckled.

“I’ve wanted you for so long, Abby. You’re all I want”

"I knew you were going to be my wife pretty much from the second I met you.”

description

And as for Abby, she can barely make a decision about what she wants; do you really think she can express how she feels about Travis in words? No, I don’t think so either. Oh wait, we do get this though: “You love me?” “It’s the tattoos,” I shrugged.

This book had sooo much potential. There were actually some great set ups and some good scenes but the author simply brings them up to push them aside, preferring to play up the relationship drama instead. It’s a real shame. It could have been an interesting story about two flawed characters coming together, their problems laid out bare and ultimately the characters working through them and making some progress. Instead, what we get is a lot of dysfunction, co-dependency and emotional abuse.

I understand that emotionally scarred people can meet and fall in love. I get it. I even get that mistakes are bound to happen in relationships but the thing is, people usually learn something from their mistakes and work hard to keep from making that mistake again. But here, no one, absolutely NO ONE seems to think there’s anything wrong with Travis. In fact, people are quick to defend him because Travis can never do wrong. “He’s going to make a lot of mistakes...I know it’s hard not to blame him, but you have to love him, anyway, Abby.” There’s not a single person who calls him out on his behaviour and says, “Hold on a sec, whoah you have some serious control issues and violent tendencies. You’re in need of much help.” Worse of all, Travis himself sees nothing wrong with his behaviour. He says sorry on few occasions for the sake of it and it’s all freaking dandy from that point on. No, just no. Sorry does not make everything all right!

There are simply too many things he does that are disturbing. He shoves her into his room and demands that she gets changed. He finds ingenious ways to keep her with him including bets and buying puppies. He even refuses to let her leave the bet even though she really wants to. She can’t even shower in peace without him barging in. Seriously, he has no boundaries whatsoever. He does whatever he pleases, whenever it pleases him. He drags her out of Parker’s car when they were making out (read: they weren’t even dating). He beats a guy to a pulp in the cafeteria for saying something about Abby. He goes on a rampage, destroys his apartment, and punches his roommate after Abby leaves him. He beats the same person in the cafeteria again for simply looking at Abby. He goes berserk and screams at her for accepting a drink from some guy, even though she didn’t. He punches some guy for touching her arm and narrowly misses her too. He chases her and breaks a lot of things after they break up. He stalks her. He manipulates her into cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for his family even though they aren’t together. He beats up guys that dance with her and threatens them to stay away. He punches three more people to a pulp. He throws her over his shoulder and drags her out. He threatens a guy to drive them to his apartment or he’ll rip his throat out. He drags her kicking and screaming into his apartment and the two end up sleeping together. Don’t even ask me about that.

I’m sorry this is not romance in the least. This is an abusive relationship. It’s not sexy. He’s not hot. This is all quite dangerous, and if this were real life I would be urging her to get the hell out and file a restraining order. Being in control and manipulative does not make him an irresistible god, it just makes him an abusive asshole.

COVER REVIEW:
What’s up with it? I’m not talking about the one with the woman sticking out her tattooed tongue. That’s weird. I’m talking about the one with the butterfly in the glass jar. That should have raised a red flag and clued me in on what to expect. Is it supposed to symbolise their relationship? He would trap a butterfly in a jar and then spend hours just watching her. She would struggle and no matter how hard she tried, there was no escape. She was forever trapped! Her life in his hands..

Word count:

Sorry – 79 times
Blood – 51 times
Travis – 100 times
Pigeon/Pidge – 196 times
Punch – 27 times

To all the people who would give this million stars:

[image error]
45 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

08/17/2012
2.0% "Wait, did he just call her a Pigeon? In what world is that sexy?

Seriously, Pigeon?? They're often considered to carry and spread deadly diseases. And well let's not forget they breed all year around. I sure would be offended if someone's nickname for me was a Pigeon!" 2 comments
08/17/2012
3.0% "“You’re only making it worse by brushing him off. He’s not used to that.”
“What do you suggest I do? Sleep with him?”
America shrugged. “It’ll save time.”

Isn't she a wonderful best friend?"
08/17/2012
4.0% "OMG, I'm so totally convinced that Travis is such a bad boy. He has tattoos and rides a motorcycle *rolls eyes*"
08/17/2012
5.0% "Ah yes, the infamous 'I can't figure you out' and the 'you're the first girl that didn't try to get my attention' speech.

I'll bet all my life savings, there will be the 'I don't know what I'd do without you' speech somewhere here as well. Could this be any more unoriginal?" 5 comments
08/17/2012
6.0% ""somatic cells use mitosis to reproduce. That's when you have the phases...Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase and Telophase."

*starts to panic* No, no, no *looks at book cover* Ok, I'm not reading the wrong book.

Honestly, I'm starting to question the American education system. Is this all they teach in Biology? And here, we were dissecting pig's hearts." 2 comments
08/17/2012
8.0% ""Everyone thinks he’s this asshole, but if they only knew how much patience he has dealing with every girl that thinks she can tame him…he can’t go anywhere without them bugging him."

Wait, what?? Do you really expect me to feel sorry for Travis and believe that he is just an innocent bystander in all this?? If he didn't screw every girl that crossed paths with him, he wouldn't be in this position." 2 comments
8.0% "And on that same damn page we get this gem:
'Travis was easily sidetracked by a girl with long, black hair and a short skirt walking by...he followed her with his eyes and nodded in the girl's direction""
08/17/2012
9.0% ""I'll leave my number on the counter."
"Eh..don't worry about it," Travis said.
“Every time!” America said. She looked at the woman. “How are you surprised by this? He’s Travis fucking Maddox! He is famous for this very thing, and every time they’re surprised!”

WTH?!? Ok, the girl's a fool for sleeping with Travis and expecting more but WTH is America's problem? It isn't the girl's fault that Trav's a jerk"
08/19/2012
11.0% "He leaned in close and whispered in my ear. "I don’t want to sleep with you, Pidge. I like you too much."..."I couldn’t help but feel deficient in some way knowing he had no desire to even try to sleep with me."

What?!? I c-can't..I just don't get it. She's been going on and on and on about how they're JUST FRIENDS and how she has no desire to sleep with him but now she's upset because he won't *sighs*" 5 comments
08/19/2012
12.0% "“It’s about time you shaved your legs. They’ve been tearing the hell outta mine,” he said with an impish grin.

Sometimes less is more. Just saying."
08/19/2012
12.0% "“I’m sleeping in his bed…just sleeping.”

Here's an idea, if you don't want rumors to get started why don't you try not to sleep in his bed. There's the couch or the floor. Also, the only reason Pigeon's staying at Travis' place is cos the boiler isn't working at her apartment. The last time I checked, a little cold water didn't hurt anyone!"
08/19/2012
13.0% "“You’re not jealous, are you, Pigeon?”
“Jealous of what? The STD infested imbecile you’re going to piss off in the morning?”

Why does Pigeon hate her own sex that much? All this hate America and Pigeon show to other women in this book does NOT make me like them any more!"
08/19/2012
13.0% "I clinked my bottle against his. “To being the only girl a guy with no standards doesn’t want to sleep with.” I said, taking a swig.

That's a good thing, you idiot." 1 comment
08/19/2012
13.0% "“First of all…I have standards. I’ve never been with an ugly woman. Ever. Second of all, I wanted to sleep with you. I thought about throwing you over my couch fifty different ways...

Oh Travis, you know just what to say to make me swoon vomit!"
08/19/2012
13.0% "Travis smiled and pulled me to him, grabbing my hips. “Shut up and dance.'”...Travis had me near panic with the way he pressed against me. If he used any of those moves on the couch, I could see why so many girls chanced humiliation in the morning.

Firstly, urgh. Secondly, I thought the plan was to stop rumors that they're together so how is this supposed to help?"
08/20/2012
17.0% "“I don’t want you to be sorry. I don’t want you to be anything,” he snapped, shoving away from the table and storming out the door...Shepley patted my back. “It’s nothing you did, Abby.” “He just has stuff going on,” America added.

Like PMSing"
08/20/2012
17.0% "“Oh, hell no...You’ve gotta change, Pidge.”
“What? Why?”
“Because I’ll be more worried about who’s looking at your tits in that shirt instead of Hoffman,” he said, stopping at his door...please just change,” he stuttered, shoving me into the room and shutting me in.

Controlling much?"
08/21/2012
18.0% "You let people hit you?” “How much fun would it be if I just massacred someone and they never got a punch in? It’s not good for business, no one would bet against me.”

So not only is he a straight-A student but also a natural born fighter. Puhlease"
08/21/2012
18.0% "...he smiled widely. “I believe you lost the bet.”
...“You’re really going to make me stay with you for a month?”

Ah yes, nothing says romance like forcing someone to stay with you for a month because they lost a bet."
08/21/2012
21.0% "I can't deal with Travis' mood swings anymore. One moment he's deliriously happy and the next he's so pissed off that he decides to go pick 2 women up from a bar and fuck them while she's in the other room."
08/21/2012
21.0% "The shouting and other nauseating noises quieted down after an hour, followed by whining, and then grumbling by the women after being dismissed. Travis showered and then collapsed onto his side of the bed, turning his back to me.

NO WAY!! He did not just climb into bed with her after fucking 2 girls. Why is she still in his bed?"
08/21/2012
21.0% "“You’re leaving,” he said, defeated. I looked to America, who glowered at Travis as if she could kill him. “You actually expected her to stay?”...“So help me God, Travis! If you try to stop her, I will douse you with gasoline and light you on fire while you sleep!”

Finally, America is acting like a best friend *sigh of relief*"
08/21/2012
21.0% "Oh c'mon, he screws 2 girls and then jumps in bed with her and her best friend defends her and she still decides to stay with him cos "a bet's a bet". That has got to be the most stupidest thing she has done in this book."
08/21/2012
22.0% "“Are you saying I’m released from the bet?”
There was a long pause. “If I say yes, will you leave?” “Well, yeah...”
“Then no, the bet’s still in effect.”

Sure, force her to stay against her will. That'll win you brownie points from me."
08/21/2012
22.0% "I cringed at his explanation. I hadn’t stopped to think how it would make him feel to hear me talk about how wrong for me he was, and now the situation was too messed up to salvage. “I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings,” I said.

Wait, WHAT?!? So it's her fault that he ended up drunk and screwed those girls because his feelings were hurt. She actually apologized too. No, just no! This relationship's screwed"
08/21/2012
23.0% "Travis grabbed my arm and sighed, “I didn’t mean it, Pidge. If he hurts you—if he even makes you feel uncomfortable—you let me know.”
"...you have got to curb this over-protective big brother-thing you’ve got going on.” Travis laughed once. “I’m not playing the big brother, Pigeon. Not even close.”

Eww. Way to ruin it. Now I'm just going to imagine them as siblings *barf*"
08/21/2012
24.0% "“Bye,” I smiled, turning the knob. When I pushed, the door gave way and I surged forward. Travis grabbed my arm before I fell.

It's creepy that Travis is just waiting at the door for her to come home from her date with Parker."
08/21/2012
25.0% "Travis slammed the door, and I had to jerk my head back before it caught me in the face. “What?” I snapped.

Nice! That's what he does cos she's saying goodnight to her date."
08/21/2012
25.0% "Am I the only one disgusted by the fact that she goes out on a date with Parker (who she likes apparently) then comes home, gets changed in front of Travis and gets in his bed and then he's caressing her." 11 comments
08/21/2012
25.0% "Can I please go to sleep?” “Sure,” he said, shoving himself off the bed and then slamming the door behind him.

Why? Because she has another date with Parker. Now really, that's just beyond juvenile."
08/21/2012
25.0% "The toilet flushed, and the faucet turned on, making the water flash cold for a moment. I cried out and the door flew open. “Pidge?” Travis said. America laughed. “I just flushed the toilet, Trav, calm down.”

Great, she can't even shower in peace without him barging in. The man has no boundaries. He just walks in whenever he feels like it." 6 comments
08/22/2012
25.0% "Taking one last glance at myself in the mirror, guilt washed over me. Travis was trying so hard, and I was being a stubborn brat.

Dafuq?? What the actual fuck? [See comments]" 1 comment
08/22/2012
27.0% "[Parker]kissed my lips. The silence was cafeteria-wide...“Isn’t it creepy how everyone watches you?”...The entire student populace, including my best friend, thought I was juggling two men...I looked through the glass window to see the entire cafeteria watching us [Emphasis added].

Exaggerate much? I doubt every student at the Uni has nothing better to do than gossip about her." 3 comments
08/22/2012
28.0% "“Travis! You have to release me from the bet! I can’t date Parker and live with you at the same time. It looks terrible!”
..."No"...
"[I was] thinking about how patient Travis had been knowing he didn’t like the idea of Parker picking me up from his apartment every other night."

You're an idiot. He won't let you leave his apartment and you're praising him for allowing your date to pick you up from there."
08/22/2012
28.0% "Travis helped me from the Porsche, and then kicked the door shut. “What is wrong with you? Knock it off!”...
Don’t let him fuck you in a car like a cheap prom date.”

She's making out with her date in his car and Travis flies off into blind rage. She decides that she has to explain herself to him and tells him she's a virgin. Here's one question: whadafuck are you still doing with him?"
08/22/2012
29.0% "“I don’t mean the sluts you deal with! I mean me!”..."I haven’t…ugh!"..."You're a virgin?"

So, sleeping with Travis automatically makes you a slut. Note: keep in mind for future reference."
08/22/2012
29.0% "“Since the word virgin came out of those beautiful lips of yours . . . I have a sudden urge to help you out of that dress.”...“Better guard your virginity, Pidge. You know I like it rough.”

I'm actually laughing my head off. Pigeon, you have only yourself to blame for that one." 2 comments
08/22/2012
30.0% "5 minutes before: She's making out with Parker in his car.

Now:
[Travis] grazed his lips along my back from one shoulder to the other, unsnapping the clasp of my bra...I could feel how much he wanted me through his boxers. I held my breath, knowing the only thing keeping us from that big step I was so opposed to a few moments before was two thin pieces of fabric."
08/22/2012
30.0% "Travis waited until I was seeing someone—someone I truly liked—to show an interest in me, and I seemed to be the only girl he couldn’t bring himself to sleep with, even when he was wasted.

I can't. I just can't. Someone she truly liked?? Please. Parker seems to disappear off the face of the Earth whenever Travis is around. And is she still pissed that Travis won't sleep with her? IJDK"
08/22/2012
30.0% "I couldn’t help but watch him sleep; knowing he was dreaming about me sent a thrill through my veins that I couldn’t explain.

And people wonder how it could possibly be similar to Twilight."
08/22/2012
31.0% "So they nearly sleep together and then this convo takes place.
“You were hoping I wouldn’t remember?” “No! I was pissed that you forgot!”...“Why?” “Because if I would have…if we would have…and you didn’t…I don’t know why! I just was!”

Great, fill in the blanks. So she's not pissed cos he made a move on her but that he might have forgotten IF they slept together. And does she think about Parker in this? No"
08/22/2012
31.0% "The logical part of my brain insisted that Parker was my type: attractive, smart and interested in me. Why I bothered with Travis was something I would never understand.

Nor do I"
08/22/2012
33.0% "“I am totally hustling them. I’ve played this game with my dad since I was sixteen.”
“Oh,” he said, frowning with disapproval. “You drank Tequila with your dad?”
I shrugged. “It was his way of bonding.”

Okaaay. 33% into the book and now we get the back story."
08/22/2012
35.0% "Shepley’s face fell. “She’s really pissed at me.” “What happened?” “I was mad that she encouraged you to drink so much...“I called her a few names I’m not proud of and then told her to leave.”

WTH? Shep breaks up with America cos Abby got wasted. Once again - cos ABBY got wasted. So now we just get unnecessary drama for the sake of a story"
08/22/2012
36.0% "America & Shep broke up but it's still about Trav & Abby. I don't give a crap anymore!
“Travis threw you that party, Abby, and you go off and make out with Parker. And you wonder why everyone is talking about you!”...
“Travis is what you want, and Parker is what you think you need.”...

WORST FRIEND EVER!!"
08/23/2012
36.0% "“I’m so sorry, Baby. I should have minded my own business, I…please don’t leave. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

They're back together. Already? They broke up FEW hours ago.
description

Also, I was right! We do get the whole 'I can't be without you' speech. I wonder if we get one from Travis now..."
08/23/2012
37.0% ""You got me a puppy!”

NO NO NO!! Please don't involve a puppy in this. This is going to happen, isn't it?

08/23/2012
37.0% "“You can keep him here...and it’s my security that you’ll visit when your month is up.”

Great, just fucking great. It's not really a gift then. It's just another way for him to control her. She can't keep a dog in her dorm so she'll have to come back to see him.
08/23/2012
38.0% "“There’s a rumor,” Shepley began...“They’re saying you slept with Parker at Brazil’s, and then you let Travis…take you home, if you know what I mean.” My mouth fell open. “Great! So I’m the school slut now?”

Make.It.Stop. The students at this Uni must have nothing better to do than constantly speculate about her relationships. That's just pathetic." 1 comment
08/23/2012
38.0% "[He] grabbed Chris by the throat with one hand, and a fist full of t-shirt...Travis punched him repeatedly in the face, his elbow spiking high in the air before he landed each blow. The only thing Chris could do was to cover his face with his hands. No one touched Travis...he turned to look at me; I’d never seen him look so frightening. I swallowed and took a step back.

I give you the love interest."
08/23/2012
39.0% "He continued to stare out the window. “I meant what I said before. You need to walk away, Pidge. God knows I can’t walk away from you.” I touched his arm.
“You don’t want me to leave.”

Sound familiar?"
08/23/2012
39.0% "Things just got creepier! “I watch you sleeping a lot. You always look so peaceful. I don’t have that kind of quiet. I have all this anger and rage boiling inside of me—except when I watch you sleep.

Sounds dangerously like Twilight.

description"
08/23/2012
39.0% "So, Parker walked in on them and got the wrong idea. Travis didn't set him straight and let him think that he slept with Abby. The whole school thinks she's a slut now and is she mad at Travis? NO.

"You're not mad?" he asked, surprised...“You should be. If someone single-handedly sunk my reputation, I’d be a little pissed.”

I'd be more than a little pissed!"
08/23/2012
39.0% ""I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”
“You would never do anything to hurt me.”

Please stop with all the Twilight references!"
08/23/2012
39.0% "I don’t want you thinking I’m some psycho that goes around attacking people over the tiniest thing,”

Too late for that."
08/23/2012
40.0% "Finch shook his head. “Okay, so you’re with Parker, or with Travis? I’m confused.”

Me too."
08/23/2012
40.0% "“I had Mick Abernathy for a father.”
“Who’s he?"
“A mess. The gambling, the drinking, the bad temper…it’s hereditary in my family."

Pretty much everything you need to know about Abby. Maybe this could have been told at the beginning, especially the part about being a mess." 5 comments
08/23/2012
41.0% "Travis bobbed his head a couple of times to a beat in his head...Travis jerked his hips, and a few whistles and squeals from the girls in the room fired off...“I CAN’T GET NO! I CAN’T GET NO!” his backups chanted...Everyone clapped to the beat and the football players sang, “HEY, HEY, HEY!”

WTF, MAKE IT STOP!!! People weren't kidding. These COLLEGE students actually have a cafeteria sing-a-long *head desk*" 8 comments
08/23/2012
42.0% "Travis flipped off the lamp, and then pulled me against him without permission or apology. Real cute /sarcasm."
08/23/2012
42.0% "“We’re going to see each other every day.” “You know that’s not true.”
The weight of the grief we both felt was crushing, and an irrepressible need came over me to save us both...I had to do something, knowing we would both lay awake, dreading every passing minute until morning.

She's moving back to her place which is like 10 mins away. And her answer is to sleep with him. How will that solve anything?"
08/23/2012
43.0% "“I’ve wanted you for so long, Abby. You’re all I want,” he breathed against my mouth.

The million dollar question: why? I honestly have no idea why he's so hung up on her. There's absolutely no mention of what he likes about her except that she refused to open her legs to him the moment she met him."
08/23/2012
43.0% "She just did a 'dine n' dash' err more appropriately 'dick n' dash' and Travis goes on a rampage. He has every right to be pissed IMO cos Abby's a bitch but he needs to sort out his anger issues. It's not right to trash the apartment, throw things, smash mirrors, punch your roommate, rip your bed sheets etc. That's just not normal." 4 comments
08/24/2012
44.0% "You don’t answer your phone, you sneak out and, wha—why? I thought we finally had everything figured out!” “I just needed some time to think.”
“About what?”

I'm wondering the same thing. She just slept with him and she doesn't have any issues with any of the things Travis has done, which any normal person would run away from so what exactly is her problem?"
44.0% "“I can’t be with him,” I whispered

If anyone can make sense of this, please enlighten me..." 2 comments
08/24/2012
45.0% "She dates Parker the next day after she slept with Trav but this annoys me:
“I’m looking forward to tonight,” I said trying to convince myself..I couldn’t talk myself into dressing up...he looked fantastic, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was missing.
Travis calls her
I tried to make my tone sharp, but it was softened by my relief to hear his voice. Stop stringing Parker along then!" 3 comments
46.0% "On the phone with Travis:

“Don’t roll your eyes at me. Are you coming or not?” “How did you know I rolled my eyes? Are you stalking me?” I asked, noting the drawn curtains.

Most likely yes!" 6 comments
08/24/2012
46.0% "After dinner, we sat on the couch to watch a movie, but before the beginning credits were over, Parker had me on my back. I was glad I had chosen to wear jeans; I wouldn’t have been able to fend him off as easily in a dress.

WHAT?? It's not that hard. Push him away, say NO, keep your legs closed or choose all of the above. Take your pick." 7 comments
08/25/2012
47.0% "“Parker asked me to the date party.”
America: “You’re not bailing on Trav, are you?”
“No, and Parker’s not happy about it”...
“Would you be mad if I didn’t go at all?” “No, I would be unbelievably and irrevocably pissed off. That’s grounds for a full blown cat fight, Abby.”“Then I guess I’m going”

WTF America? Worst friend ever! And Abby, learn to think for yourself."
08/25/2012
47.0% "America laughed. “You just had a disappointing date with Parker, and you smiled when Travis called. Are you really that dense?”

I thought we've already established that she is. She is that dense."
08/25/2012
48.0% "“I don’t understand you, Pigeon. I thought I knew women, but you’re so fucking confusing” Something we can both agree on.

“I don’t understand you, either. You’re supposed to be Eastern’s ladies’ man. I’m not getting the full freshmen experience they promised in the brochure,” I teased. I just...I can't *shakes head*"
08/25/2012
48.0% "“How can you not know? It’s obvious to everyone else but you!” he said, exasperated.
“I guess I’m just an idiot, then.

Your words, not mine. I won't deny it though."
08/25/2012
48.0% "I fucking love you, Abby. When you’re around, I don’t need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...all I need is you

Someone hold me, while I hyperventilate. Oh Travis, you make me swoon. Not."
08/25/2012
48.0% "“Call Parker. Tell him you don’t wanna see him anymore. Tell him you’re with me.”
I closed my eyes. “I can’t be with you, Travis.”
“Why the hell not?” he said

Abby, you piss me off. He just told you he loves you. What more do you want? Blood? How about a tattoo that says he loves you??" 2 comments
08/25/2012
48.0% "The fighting, the gambling, the drinking…it’s what I left behind. When I’m around you…it’s all right there for me in an irresistible, tattooed package. I didn’t move hundreds of miles away to live it all over again.”

Ok, so is she saying Travis is Mick (her father)?? Just before, she said that she's Mick and she'll screw up the relationship. You know what, screw it!! I don't give a crap anymore!" 1 comment
08/26/2012
49.0% "“It’s almost four in the morning, Abby. What’s going on?” “I can’t see you [Parker] at all, actually.” “Abs....” “I’m…pretty sure I’m in love with Travis,” I said

I don't know what's worse. The fact that she breaks up with Parker over the phone USING TRAVIS' PHONE at 3AM or that she declares she loves Travis to Parker, not even Travis directly."
49.0% "“You love me?”
“It’s the tattoos,” I shrugged.

49% into the book and I still have no clue as to what his tattoos look like."
08/26/2012
50.0% "Exactly 50% into the book, they finally get together. That can't be a coincidence, right?"
08/26/2012
50.0% "“I erased the few numbers I had on my phone [of random chicks], but I guess that doesn’t stop them from calling me. If they don’t figure it out on their own, I’ll set them straight.”

From any other person, I wouldn't be so concerned but this is Travis. Did he just threaten to beat up these girls?" 3 comments
08/27/2012
50.0% "our simple display of affection generated stares and murmuring of everyone we passed...I was certain the gossip had soared to a new level since Travis had kissed me in full view of everyone...“Everyone is watching us.”

Please, get over yourself! No one really cares that much or if they do, they need to get a life." 2 comments
08/27/2012
51.0% "I thought of all the times I had insisted being with Travis was the wrong decision, and how much time I had wasted fighting my feelings for him. Looking across the table at his soft, brown eyes, and the dimple dancing in his cheek as he chewed, I couldn’t remember what I was so worried about.

So, you're telling me I just wasted reading half this book for nothing?"
08/27/2012
51.0% "I looked down at Chris laughing to his teammates, and then turned to Travis. “Absolutely. Teach that asshole some manners.”

:O did she just tell Travis to beat up some kid? Oh, hell no! That's seriously messed up!" 2 comments
08/27/2012
51.0% "Chris curled into a ball, and then Travis kicked him in the back. Travis land[ed] several punches to his face. The blood began to flow, and Travis stood up, winded. “If you even look at her you piece of shit, I’ll break your fuckin’ jaw!” Travis yelled. I winced when he kicked Chris in the leg one last time.

WTH?? I find it hard to believe that Travis has never been arrested."
08/27/2012
51.0% "“You okay, Trav?” Shepley asked.“I’m surprised you stopped.”
Wait, what?? What about Chris? I'd like to ask him how he's doing but he's probably in a coma now.

“Pidge said to teach him some manners, Shep, not kill him. It took everything I had to quit when I did.”

Well, aren't you the hero then." 3 comments
08/27/2012
51.0% "Now, they're discussing how many guys want to bag Abby and America (just like you normally do). Apparently, EVERY guy wants to try Abby out since she landed Travis. I don't know what's worse, that or the fact that America gets offended when Travis suggests that not everyone wants her that way." 3 comments
08/27/2012
52.0% "“Don’t you fucking look at her. Look at me you spoiled shit stain.”
Parker focused on Travis’ eyes and waited. “If you so much as breathe in her direction, I’ll make sure you’ll be limping through med school.”

I'm sick and tired of Travis' threats. It gets old if you use them every damn page." 1 comment
08/27/2012
52.0% "I laughed, giggling at the girls waiting for Travis to pay them attention. “Can you imagine hoping you’re the one he’ll pick? Knowing you’ll be used for sex?”

No chapter would be complete without some girl-on-girl hate."
08/27/2012
53.0% "“You wanna dance?” [some guy] asked. “No, thanks. I’m here with my—,”
“Boyfriend,” Travis said, appearing out of nowhere...“Why did you let him buy your drink?”"We didn't"
“Are you serious?” I asked. “Yes, I’m fucking serious,” he said, tossing the beer in the trashcan by the bar. “I’ve told you a hundred times…you can’t be taking drinks from random guys.”

Trav, you have some serious issues!" 11 comments
08/27/2012
53.0% "I was tugged backward by a man in a pirate costume...he grabbed my arm. It didn’t take long for me to realize he wasn’t grabbing at me, he was grabbing for me—for protection. Travis barreled his way onto the dance floor, and plunged his fist straight into the pirate’s face, the force sending both of us to the ground...covered in blood from the man’s nose.
“Your fist was 2 inches from my face!” I said

o_O" 5 comments
08/27/2012
54.0% "Travis’ expression turned desperate. “She can’t leave,” he said, staring into my eyes. “It’s not going to work, Travis,” I said, tugging on the door. “Move!” “What do you mean it’s not gonna work?” Travis asked, grabbing my arm...“I’m gonna fuck up. I’m gonna fuck up a lot, Pidge, but you have to forgive me.”

Trav, maybe you should consider not fucking up in the first place. Ever think of that?"
08/27/2012
54.0% "You hit that guy because you were pissed at me! What should that tell me? Because red flags are going up all over the place right now!” “I’ve never hit a girl in my life,” he said, surprised at my words.
“And I’m not about to be the first one!” I said, tugging on the door. “Move, damn it!”

Why do I get the feeling she'll come back to him again?" 3 comments
08/28/2012
54.0% "“I’m so sorry, Abby. I’m sorry,” he said...When you were dancing last night, I saw a dozen different guys watching you. You go to the bar, and I see you thank that guy for your drink. Then that douchebag on the dance floor grabs you.”

And his answer was to punch every guy she came in contact with. Travis, you need some professional help! This shit just isn't healthy."
08/28/2012
54.0% ""I can’t stay locked up in the apartment all the time. You’re going to have to get a handle on your temper.”

The one time Abby actually talks sense."
08/28/2012
54.0% "I love Kara. She says what's on everyone's mind.

“Do you know what co-dependency is, Abby? Your boyfriend is a prime example, which is creepy considering he went from having no respect for women at all to thinking he needs you to breathe.” “Maybe he does,” I said
“Don’t you wonder why that is? I mean…he’s been through half the girls at this school. Why you?”...“It’s dangerous to need someone that much."
08/28/2012
55.0% "“Why me, Trav?”...
A smile spread across his face...“I had a thing for you since the night of that first fight.”
“What?” I said with a dubious expression.
“It’s true. You in that cardigan with blood all over you? You looked absolutely ridiculous," he chuckled.

And there goes my dinner. That's just disturbing."
08/28/2012
56.0% "“I was a complete bitch to you, Travis.”
He kissed my neck. “That’s what sealed the deal.” I slipped my hands down his back and into his boxers. “I hope this gets old soon. I don’t see myself ever getting tired of you.”
“Promise?” he asked, smiling.

Read the last sentence FIVE times and I'm still not any closer to deciphering it's meaning. All I know is that I DO see myself getting tired of this crap" 1 comment
08/28/2012
56.0% "I say, you can learn a lot about a man by the way he treats his family.

Travis on phone to his brother:

Shut the fuck up, Trent...
We’ll be there in half an hour . . . You heard me, douchebag. Because I don’t go anywhere without her, that’s why. Do you want me to pound your face when I get there?" Travis hung up
" 6 comments
08/28/2012
56.0% "“Pidge, this is my dad, Jim Maddox. Dad, this is Pigeon.”

Every girl's dream to be introduced to her boyfriend's family as vermin, who spreads diseases and shits everywhere."
08/29/2012
56.0% "Travis pointed to his brothers. “Trenton, Taylor, Tyler, and Thomas.”
They all nodded, and all but Thomas looked like older versions of Travis; buzz cuts, brown eyes, their t-shirts stretched over their bulging muscles, and covered in tattoos.

Oh c'mon! Not even one little difference in appearance? One Travis was bad enough, but four others...my head hurts."
08/29/2012
56.0% "“Have a seat, Abby,” one of the twins said. I couldn’t tell which was which; they were carbon copies of each other, even their tattoos matched.

REALLY?!? Are you kidding me?" 5 comments
08/29/2012
58.0% "“Are you related to Mick Abernathy by any chance?” Thomas asked...
“He’s only one of the best poker players that ever lived. Do you know him?”...
“He’s my father.”
The entire room exploded. “NO FUCKING WAY!” “MICK ABERNATHY? HOLY SHIT!”

I'll leave you guys to your fangirling while I go bang my head several times! For a character, who hasn't even made an appearance yet, Mick sure plays a huge part." 1 comment
08/29/2012
58.0% "Jim said, shaking his head in awe. “You were playing pros, and winning, at thirteen years old for Christ’s sakes.” He looked at Travis and smiled. “Don’t bet against her, son. She doesn’t lose.”

You really expect me to believe this? That Abby was playing pro poker players and winning at age 13? Abby? The girl who hasn't made one conscious decision for herself so far? Just making sure we're on the same page"
08/29/2012
59.0% "“Would you get mad if I embarrassed you?” I shrugged and Travis wasted no time leading me into the classroom. He looked over at Parker and then kissed me, deep and determined. He worked his lips against mine in the way he usually reserved for his bedroom, and I couldn’t help but grab his shirt with both fists. The murmuring and giggles grew louder...

To get a point across, simple words can do the trick too." 5 comments
59.0% "Parker to Abby:
Travis Maddox is the one we all appreciate because he makes us look good. He uses girls, tosses them aside, and even the biggest jerks at Eastern look like Prince Charming after Travis.”
...“He doesn’t love you, Abby. You’re a shiny new toy. Although, after the scene he made in class, I’m assuming you’re not all that shiny anymore.”

I knew there was a reason why I would hate Parker."
08/29/2012
60.0% "“You had my name tattooed on your wrist?”...I stared in disbelief at the permanent ink
in his skin

Firstly, he got the word 'Pigeon' tattooed on his wrist. It only shows how much he loves pigeons! Now, I'm imagining a fanfic about Travis' obsession with pigeons.

Moving on...please stop with the tattoo mentions. They may be permanent but they don't signify an everlasting relationship."
08/29/2012
61.0% "He got 2 tattoos, really?? They've been dating for like 2 weeks and only met a month before that."
08/29/2012
61.0% "“Get used to it now, Abby. Travis is impulsive...on everything. This’ll tide him over until he can get a ring on your finger.”
“He was kidding, Pidge.” “Maybe you’ll quit talking about it, now,” Shepley grinned.

Shut it, Shep! You and America are made for each other. You both have an unhealthy interest in their relationship. She kept pushing Abby to get together and now you're trying to get them married."
08/29/2012
61.0% "“You look incredible…but you can’t wear that. Your skirt is…wow, your legs are…your skirt is too short and it’s only half a dress! It doesn’t even have a back on it!”
“Do you have a longer dress?”
"I can’t take you to my frat house looking like that. I’ll get in a fight the first five minutes we’re there"

He has some serious control issues. Next, he wont even let her leave the apartment"
08/29/2012
62.0% "Everyone seemed to turn at once. I wasn’t sure if they were staring because Travis was at a date party...or because of my dress, but they were all staring.

If her head wasn't so far up her ass, I would like to shove my boot up there. Seriously Abby, the world does not revolve around you!" 1 comment
08/30/2012
63.0% "Travis wrinkled his nose. “[Parker] took one girl home for me once. Now he acts like he’s made a habit of swooping in and saving every freshman I bagged.”

Travis, you're not doing yourself any favours by saying that."
08/30/2012
63.0% "“If we keep going at this pace, I’m going to be barefoot and pregnant before I graduate. I’m not ready to move in with you, I’m not ready for a ring, and I’m certainly not ready to settle down.”

I've been dozing off whilst reading this so I'm not keeping track of what's been happening but are they now talking about marriages and stuff? They've been together for like 2 weeks."
08/30/2012
63.0% "I saw the same peace in Travis’ eyes that I had witnessed only a handful of times, and it hit me that just like the other nights, his content expression was a direct result of reassurance from me.

Now, if that's not unhealthy I don't know what is." 3 comments
08/30/2012
63.0% "He was afraid of nothing. Until he’d met me. I was the one part of his life that was unknown, the wild card, the variable he couldn’t control...The anger that took hold of him before was only becoming harder for him to manage. Being the exception was no longer a mysterious, special thing. I had become his weakness."
08/30/2012
64.0% "Ahh we meet the infamous Mick.

Mick looked at my dress and clicked his tongue in disapproval. “Well, well, Cookie...Mick narrowed his eyes at America and then looked to me. “You look awful pretty. You’ve grown up. I wouldn’t’ve recognized you on the street.”

God, that sounds so perverted."
08/30/2012
64.0% ""Old Dad needs some money.”
“How much?”
“Twenty-five.” “Well shit, Mick, twenty-five hundred? If you’ll get the hell outta here…I’ll give that to you now,” Travis said, pulling out his wallet.

He just happened to carry $2,500 in his pocket?? Anyway, I thought he gave up fighting so where's his income coming from?"
08/30/2012
65.0% "You shouldn’t be here, Travis.”
In the next moment he was behind me, crossing his arms around my middle. “I go where you go.”

Scarier words have never been written."
08/30/2012
65.0% "Locals could smell a hustler from a mile away, but I had two things in my favor that covered the scent of any con: Youth…and tits."
08/30/2012
65.0% "“Sure sweet cheeks. Grab a seat and look pretty. Just don’t talk.”

08/30/2012
66.0% "Ahh yes, the story wouldn't be complete without the ex-boyfriend turning up....except I thought he was a youth minister so how did he end up working in a casino? Oh well, I guess you just have to roll with the flow. One thing that's not surprising is that Travis gets angry as per usual."
08/30/2012
67.0% "“What’s at five?” Travis said, his voice dripping with subdued anger. “She agreed to dinner if Jesse would let her stay. She didn’t have a choice, Trav,” America said.
---
I could see that Travis wanted to lash out at me, but there was nothing he could say.
08/30/2012
67.0% "“My, my...you’re not Lucky Thirteen anymore, now, are ya? Mick didn’t tell me what a looker you’ve grown into. I’ve been waiting for you, Cookie. I hear you have a payment for me.”

I feel nauseous."
08/30/2012
68.0% "I don't get it. What idiot came up with the plan to go see the mobsters even though they're $5,000 short?? Don't answer that, it was Abby. I thought they still had another day to get the full amount by? And last time I checked, Vegas is full of casinos. My head hurts. Logic just doesn't work here." 2 comments
08/30/2012
68.0% "“I can get your money, Benny,” I giggled nervously. “I won eighty-nine hundred in six hours.”
“So are you saying you’ll bring me eighty-nine hundred in six more hours?” Benny smiled his devilish grin.

Idiot! You don't brag about something like that to the mob."
08/30/2012
68.0% "The rather large fella to your right is David, and if he can’t take you out with his fists, he’s going to use that knife in his holster. The man to your left is Dane, and he’s my best fighter. He’s got a fight tomorrow, as a matter-of-fact, and he’s never lost.

And I'm expected to believe, Travis takes both these professional fighters on and wins without a scratch??"
08/30/2012
68.0% "I couldn’t believe my ears. Travis had let Benny’s thug hit him. He was enjoying himself. I had never seen Travis fight without constraint; it was a bit frightening to see him unleash everything he had on these trained killers and have the upper hand. Until that moment, I hadn’t realized just what Travis was capable of.

I'd be scared for my life!"
08/30/2012
68.0% "Benny’s shark’s grin spread across his face. “I like you, Travis. I think we’ll be good friends."

Not a good sign when your boyfriend and a mobster get on like a house on fire."
08/30/2012
69.0% "“It’s your first time to watch Travis go ape shit on someone,” Shepley said. “I’ve seen it once before. It’s not pretty.”

You don't say!" 4 comments
08/30/2012
69.0% "“What are you doing with that tattooed psychopath? He looks like a reject from the Manson Family.”

Quit while you're ahead, Jess. I've read 69% and I still don't know what she's doing with him."
08/30/2012
69.0% "Wait, that's it? WTH was the point of having that dinner scene with Jess? That added absolutely nothing to the story. I can't keep up anymore."
08/30/2012
70.0% "In the elevator of our hotel, he pushed me against the mirrored wall, grabbed my leg and pulled it up in a quick motion against his hip. His mouth crashed into mine, and I felt the hand under my knee slide up my thigh and pull up my skirt.
“Travis, there’s a camera in here,” I said against his lips.
“I don’t give a fuck,” he chuckled, “I’m celebrating.”

*facepalm*"
08/30/2012
70.0% "“I am going to make enough money to replace what Mick took from you, to pay for the rest of your tuition, pay off my bike, and buy you a new car,”
“Benny is going to let me fight here in Vegas. Six figures a fight, Pidge. Six figures a fight!”...Do you have any idea how much money that is? Cash!”

I can just see the dollar sign plastered on the back of his eyelids." 4 comments
08/30/2012
71.0% "He smiled. “You’ll quit being mad when I buy you a Lexus.”

Yes, great plan. Buy her affection cos money is the answer to everything."
08/31/2012
71.0% "OH SHIT, things just got scary!

[See comments]" 6 comments
08/31/2012
72.0% "“I don’t envy your life for the next week or so. I can’t imagine breaking up with someone that refuses to stay away. You know that’s how it’s going to be, right?”...
“He’s going to end up getting arrested or something,' she said."

I know, by murdering her! Anyone else shit scared right now?" 3 comments
08/31/2012
72.0% ""The door cracked against the cement block wall of our room and I knew that Travis had forced his way in. After a minute of silence, I heard Travis yell down the hall. “Pigeon"
After several minutes of quiet, I cracked open the door, peering down the wide hallway. Travis sat with his back against the wall.
I shut the door as quietly as I could, worrying the campus police had been called.
" 4 comments
08/31/2012
72.0% "“He was kicked out of History today. When you didn’t show, he kicked over both of your desks. He’s losin’ it, Abby.

It was a full time job evading a run-in with [Travis}. I avoided the cafeteria at all costs, History class, and I played it safe by leaving my classes early.

This is so not healthy. She avoids going to her classes for over a week because she's afraid she'll run in with him."
09/01/2012
73.0% "Just when the lights of the cafeteria came into view, I saw a dark figure approach.
Startled, I jerked to a stop. Travis walked into the light, unshaven and pale. “Jesus, Travis! You scared the hell out of me!”

I just got goosebumps. Travis, stalking is not the answer. It's just creepy!"
09/01/2012
73.0% "“We are dysfunctional, Travis. I think you’re just obsessed with the thought of owning me more than anything else.”
No comment" 1 comment
09/01/2012
73.0% "He had proven to me what I had been afraid of all along. As much as he loved me, when money was involved, I would be second. Just like I was with Mick.

Wait, huh? This is what she's been afraid of all along?? Is this why she kept pushing Travis away at the beginning? She just knew when she first laid eyes on him that he would choose money over her?? It was the tattoos that tipped you off, wasn't it?" 3 comments
09/01/2012
74.0% "God, Abby's like a cat in heat. She breaks up with Travis and now Parker's back sniffing around her."
74.0% "“I need to ask you for a favor,” [Travis] said
“Dad and the guys are still expecting you on [Thanksgiving].”
“We were still together when I agreed to go home with you. You knew I wasn’t going to come.”
We haven’t had all of us there for Thanksgiving in years. They all made an effort to be there since I promised them a real meal. We haven’t had a woman in the kitchen since Mom died..”

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??"
09/01/2012
74.0% "My eyebrows shot up. “No way! It’s bad enough that I’m going to have to lie to your family and pretend we’re still together.”

What?? He's manipulating her into going to a Thanksgiving dinner at his family's house and she's actually falling for it.

Ahh, you know what?
description" 4 comments
09/01/2012
75.0% "“I promised Trav I’d go when we were on the plane, and he told them all I’d be there.”
---
“If I don’t go, he’ll have to explain to them why I didn’t show, and I don’t want to ruin his Thanksgiving. They’re all coming home thinking I’m going to be there.”

Abby, grow a backbone!"
09/01/2012
75.0% "“You’re not with him, anymore. You don’t have to keep saving him.”
“I know, Mare. But it’s the right thing to do.”

Abby, WTH is wrong with you?"
09/01/2012
75.0% "“Are you ready?” I raised an eyebrow. “Ready for what?” “You said pick you up at five.” I folded my arms across my chest. “I meant five in the morning!” “Oh,” Travis said, seeming disappointed. “I guess I should call Dad and let him know we won’t be staying after all.”
“Travis, wait.” He flipped around and the hopeful look in his eyes made my chest ache. “Give me a minute to pack a few things.”

*HEADDESK*"
09/01/2012
75.0% "“Good to see ya, Son." “Abby Abernathy. We’re looking forward to dinner tomorrow. It’s been a long time since…Well. It’s been a long time.”

You f**king chauvinistic pig!! What? No hello, how are you? How was the drive but instead 'we're looking forward to dinner'." 2 comments
09/02/2012
76.0% "You have to be patient with him. Travis doesn’t remember much about it, but he was close to his mom, and after we lost her he was never the same. It was hard on all of us, but Trav…he quit trying to love people after that...He’s going to make a lot of mistakes...“I know it’s hard not to blame him, but you have to love him, anyway, Abby.

[See comments]" 9 comments
09/02/2012
76.0% "Am I the only one who finds it a little weird that Travis' dad and brothers all call Abby their sister??" 4 comments
09/02/2012
77.0% "“I care about you...but I should have followed my gut in the first place. It would’ve never worked.”
“You did love me, though, right?”

WHY?!? Please, please tell me because I've read this far and I still don't know why Abby thinks it would have never worked out with Travis since the beginning."
09/02/2012
77.0% "“Can I ask you for a favor?…will you let me hold you tonight?”“Please? I can’t sleep knowing you’re just a foot away, and I’m never gonna get the chance again.

I don't know whether to be impressed or appalled but damn Travis seriously knows how to turn a situation to his advantage."
09/04/2012
78.0% "“You said you were just going to kiss me,”

Abby, we've already established that Travis has no boundaries. You tell him to knock before he comes in the bathroom and he will still just barge in. You expect him to just kiss you but he will do one better and have sex with you instead."
09/04/2012
78.0% "“I came here to cook, remember?”
“No, you came here to help me cook..."

That doesn't make a huge difference"
09/04/2012
78.0% "My heart pounded against my chest, hoping [Travis] would ask me back so I could say yes. Las Vegas seemed like a lifetime ago, sitting in the home of my new family."

09/04/2012
78.0% "“I’m a different person since I met you. I’ve changed…for the better. But no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to do right by you...I will always love you, but if I can’t make you happy, it doesn’t make much sense for me to try to get you back...I’ll be happy as long as we're friends"

Do you expect me to believe him? No, just no. It's just another ploy to get her back by manipulating her." 3 comments
09/04/2012
78.0% "I could have told him that I had changed my mind and he would take back everything he’d just said

Precisely why I don't believe what he just said before."
09/04/2012
78.0% "When Travis walked me to Morgan, his face was still sad, but the torment was gone. The weekend wasn’t a stunt to get me back after all. It was closure.

You're an idiot if you believe that."
09/06/2012
79.0% "Good to know they actually study. Here, I was thinking they have no time in their schedules after worshiping Travis 24/7"
09/06/2012
79.0% "“I need you there,” America said. “You’ll hardly be alone, Mare. Quit being so dramatic,”
“You want dramatic? I pulled a trash can beside your bed, held a box of Kleenex for you all night, and got up to get you cough medicine twice when you were sick over break! You owe me!”
I could never argue with America when she was determined to get her way. “Fine,” I said

Don't know who I hate more: Abby or her BFF"
09/06/2012
79.0% "And Parker's back AGAIN. Seriously, give it up! Abby isn't worth it. This is the worst triangle ever (if you can even call it that). Abby just moves back and forth like a ping pong ball"
09/06/2012
80.0% "Before, I had spent so much at Travis’ that Kara’s insufferable comments and attitude were tolerable. Spending every evening and night with her during the two weeks before the semester ended, I was beginning to regret my decision not to room with America.
“Oh, Kara. How I’ve missed you,” America said

It's sad to see so much girl on girl hate here. We're told Kara's a bitch and I still have no idea why" 4 comments
09/06/2012
80.0% "Travis stumbled in, his arms wrapped around Megan, who was giggling against his mouth. A box in her hand caught my eye, and I felt sick when I realized what it was: condoms. Her other hand was on the back of his neck, and I couldn’t tell whose arms were tangled around who.
“What are you doing here?” he asked.

Ah yes, Travis is back to normal. Can't say I'm surprised."
09/06/2012
81.0% "I almost fell backward when my coat snagged on something mid-step...Travis’ fist gripping my coat...He grabbed my arm...I yanked my coat from his grip...I tried to retreat to the Honda, but Travis grabbed my arm again.

Now, this would be perfect for a murder mystery novel. A girl walking down a street, her shadow being stalked, someone grabbing her. A blood curling scream then a dull thud."
09/06/2012
81.0% "“Shepley flew down the stairs to stand behind Travis, his wary eyes fixed on his girlfriend.”

Shep, you're really going to defend Travis AGAIN? Don't blame me when America leaves you. Again. Have you considered the reason why the girls you date leave you is because you keep defending Travis ALL THE FREAKING TIME??"
09/06/2012
81.0% "“[America's] eyes narrowed and she pulled her arm from [Shep's] grip. “Well then why don’t you go find a random WHORE—,” she looked at Megan, “—from the Red and bring her home to fuck, and then let me know if it helps you get over me."
It's an impossible task to actually like a character in this book."
09/06/2012
81.0% "I sighed. “Mare, you can’t break up with him over this.

*sighs* Travis is like a explosive land mine! He has the power to destroy any relationship within close distance."
09/06/2012
82.0% "“I wish you and Travis would just get your shit together! You’re a goddamn tornado! When you’re happy, it’s love and peace and butterflies. When you’re pissed, you take the whole fucking world down with you!”

Just what I feared. The whole world hangs in the balance depending on whether Abby & Travis get together or not *sighs*

Shep, don't blame your breakup on Abby & Trav. You decided to defend Travis!"
09/06/2012
82.0% "It didn’t take me long to figure out what was going on: [Travis & Shep] had been yanking the guys that were dancing with us off the dance floor and threatening them to stay away from us.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?
description

4 guys get beaten up cos they danced with the girls. WTF?? THIS IS TWISTED, NOT ROMANTIC!!!" 8 comments
09/06/2012
83.0% "“[Shep] shrugged, still proud of himself. “I love her. I can’t let other guys dance with her.”
---
[Trav] smiled. “I love you. I can’t let other guys dance with you.”

2 seconds later:
Shep and America were in a tight embrace, and making a scene while they kissed passionately.

I have no words."
09/07/2012
84.0% "Just then, the door chimed. I turned to see Travis and Shepley walk in...“There’s burger place down the street we can go to,” Parker said in a hushed voice. As nervous as he was before, it had been taken to a whole new level.

Parker, I used to like you. Not any more. EVERYONE walks on eggshells around Travis, afraid to piss him off. They're that freaking scared of him and people still swoon over him. WTH?"
09/07/2012
84.0% "“I’ve got a fight in fourty-five minutes, Pidge. I want you there,”
“Trav….”
I wasn’t sure if he didn’t want to leave my dinner with Parker to fate, or if he truly wanted me there with him, but I had made my decision the second he’d asked.

God, I hate every single character! She actually leaves Parker after Travis crashes her date and tells her to come to his fight instead" 2 comments
09/07/2012
84.0% "Travis shrugged. “She’s not my girl, anymore.”
I kept my features smooth, but he had said the words so matter-of-factly, it caused a stabbing sensation in my chest. Adam looked down at our intertwined fingers and then up at Travis. “I’m never gonna figure you two out.”

I agree!"
09/11/2012
85.0% "I stood on my tip toes, seeing Travis land two blows into Brady’s face, and scanning the crowd between each one. He was looking for me instead of focusing on the fight. I had to get back to my spot before he was too distracted...The crowd quieted down a bit when Travis punched someone in the crowd, trying once again to get to me. “Get the fuck off her!” Travis yelled.

[See comments]" 1 comment
09/11/2012
85.0% "[Shep] held Ethan against the wall while he nailed him with his fist repeatedly in the face, stopping only when the blood poured from Ethan’s mouth and nose.

Shep, I think Travis is rubbing off on you"
09/11/2012
86.0% "“That’s the guy that kept shoving Travis back in the circle,” Shepley said…Travis pounded his fist into the man’s face over and over. The man stopped fighting back, and Travis left him on the ground in a bloody heap."
09/11/2012
86.0% "“Travis!” Shepley yelled, pointing to the side of the building. Ethan hobbled in the shadows.. Travis gripped his shirt and rammed his head into the car door..the loud thud of his skull against the windshield, and then Travis pulled him to the front of the car and shattered the headlight with Ethan’s face…Travis left Ethan’s limp body on the hood of the car

THREE guys beaten to a pulp in 5mins. So not right"
09/11/2012
87.0% "“That’s why you ask me to come tonight? To prove a point to Parker?”…
For the first time since we’d met, Travis had fooled me. I had gone to Hellerton with him thinking he needed me, thinking that despite everything, we were back to where we were before. I was nothing more than a water hydrant; he had marked his territory, and I had allowed him to do it.
09/11/2012
89.0% "“How I feel about you right now, Travis… it very closely resembles hate.”

Replace 'right now' with 'all the time' and that's how I feel."
09/11/2012
89.0% "“America,” I squirmed, “don’t just stand there! Help me!”
Her mouth turned up and she laughed once. “You two look ridiculous.”

Travis threw her over his shoulder and is dragging her outside and America just laughs. Are you kidding me?? Some friend she is."
09/11/2012
89.0% "“I need you take us to my apartment.” “Travis…I don’t think….” Travis’ voice was controlled, but frightening. “Do it, Donnie, or I’ll shove my fist through the back of your head, I swear to God.”

The threats just keep on coming. And people swoon over this? Wth?!?"
09/11/2012
90.0% "“I need you to say it,” he said.
“I’ll say whatever you want.”
“Then say that you belong to me. Say that you’ll take me back. I won’t do this unless we’re together.”

And by this, he's referring to sex. Yes, Travis will go that far and use sex to emotionally blackmail her into going out with him again. This is not healthy!"
09/11/2012
90.0% "“I didn’t mean for last night to happen like that. I was a little drunk, and I followed you around the party like some fucking stalker, and then I dragged you out of there, against your will…and then we….,” he shook his head, clearly disgusted with the memories playing in his mind. “Had the best sex of my life?” I smiled

09/12/2012
90.0% "Great, they're back together again and we're back to square one. This roller coaster ride is no longer fun." 8 comments
09/12/2012
91.0% "The cashier had given up her predictable baffled expression weeks before, used to our routine.

Shut up, just shut up. It's bad enough that EVERY single student at this Uni cares about their relationship but now it's even the lunch ladies. No, just no!"
09/12/2012
92.0% "“When we make our schedules for next semester, it would be more convenient if we had more classes together.”
“I’ll work on that,” I said

*headdesk* These two have so many codependent issues that they can't even function properly without the other." 3 comments
09/12/2012
92.0% "When you’re not there [at the fight], I can’t concentrate. I’m wondering where you are, what you’re doing…if you’re there and I can see you, I can focus. I know it’s crazy, but that’s how it is.”
“And crazy is exactly the way I like it,” I smiled

These two are worse than Edward & Bella. They can't even function apart properly. He needs her while he beats people up. Also, I thought he quit fighting for her."
09/12/2012
93.0% "“I don’t have a good feeling about this, Trav. Not about the fight, but…something.”

Wait, did I miss something? She has magical powers now?!?"
09/12/2012
95.0% "Ah yes, the story wouldn't be complete without a random fire breaking out, Abby getting trapped, Prince Charming coming to the rescue and the fear of losing someone in the blast."
09/12/2012
96.0% "A lot of people die in the fire and the police didn't even stop Travis, Abby and Trent to question them or arrest anyone. They all have cuts and bruises as well and not one of them decides to get checked out by the paramedics. Are you serious? That's just stupid!"
09/12/2012
97.0% ""It's us Trav. Nothing makes sense unless we’re together.”
*frustrated sigh*"
09/12/2012
98.0% "Now, Abby asks Travis to marry her and they plan to go Vegas the very next day. Wth?!?

Also, he already bought a ring too. A DIAMOND RING!! Are you serious? If he can afford to splash cash about, WHY THE HELL DOES HE NEED TO FIGHT TO BARELY PAY FOR HIS RENT?!?" 1 comment
99.0% "And now she got a tattoo saying, 'Mrs Maddox' *rolls eyes*" 1 comment
09/12/2012
99.0% "“Oh, dammit, I’m sorry, Pidge.”
“You’re forgiven,” I smiled.

Pretty much all that happens in this book"
09/12/2012
100.0% "I knew you were going to be my wife pretty much from the second I met you.

Excuse me, while I throw up." 1 comment
09/12/2012
100.0% "Oh god, Travis gets all pissy towards airport security because they asked him to remove his ring. Am I a bad person for saying that I honestly expected him to beat the shit out of them??"
09/12/2012
100.0% "Other passengers began to walk around us, watching and listening to our ridiculous conversation. Like all the other times, I was glaringly aware of prying eyes

Seriously, no one's that interested in your relationship!"
09/12/2012
100.0% "“I’d bet my first born. That’s how sure I am.”

Oh god, they actually made a bet on if their marriage will last or not. All I can say is that I feel sorry for their first born. They didn't even give him a chance."
100.0% "THE END

The best words in the English dictionary!" 9 comments

Mad Scientist I almost requested the library to get this one. I'm so glad I picked a different book for them to purchase.

Lucia  The Loyal Book I was trying to make up my mind about this one. Lots of people loved it but I'm curious to see why you didn't

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I am going to have to read it, your review has intrigued me. It sounds FSoG with a more annoying female lead (didn't think that was possible), less sex, more violence and an even crazier male lead. HURRAH!.....not -_-

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, and I HATE how authors always portray 'bad boys' (i.e. dickish male leads) with tattoos, who drink, smoke etc. My dude has tattoos, drinks (not all the time, right enough) and occasionally smokes and he is the sweetest guy in the world!

Kruti @ Mad Scientist: Honestly, you're not missing much.

@ Lucia: I was really expecting something different than what I got. I honestly couldn't get past a lot of things that happens in this book and most of it just didn't make sense.

@ Becca: Thanks :). Lol, this isn't exactly like FSoG but you are right it does have an even more possessive male lead who has some serious violent tendencies too. Also, the sex isn't as explicit as it was in FSoG and thankfully, there's no mention of inner goddesses or the subconscious anywhere xD lol.

Oh god, I think you will get frustrated by this book too. Apparently, your tattoos can define what you can study and what you can't. Seriously. Travis is a criminal justice major and Abby laughs in his face and tells him but you seem more criminal and less justice because of his tattoos. I'm not kidding!

message 6: by Rachel (BAVR) (new)

Rachel (BAVR) I've been waiting for this review, and it was totally worth it. :D

Thanks for taking a hit for the team with this one. Now I'm resolute in my determination to avoid this book like the plague. It makes me see red that this kind of sexist bullshit gets published and adored by the masses. Have you recovered from reading it yet? I can still send a tasty chocolate cake across the Atlantic to aid your recovery. :P

message 7: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla LMAO! Now you have me imagining a readalong of this book with David Mitchell. OMG, the awesome factor just blew my mind. :D

message 8: by Mia (new) - rated it 1 star

Mia the dogs photo was epic!!

Kruti @ Rachel: Thanks :D. Ahh I wanted to get this done sooner but I didn't get a chance. It is really awful and you will lose a lot of braincells reading it. God, I hate that too. I hate how these awful relationships are constantly pushed forward and what's worse is that they actually romanticize it. God no. I fear for all the women who read this and think this is how all relationships are like and as a result end up with a messed up, controlling and a manipulative asshole.

Ooh did I hear you mention something about a chocolate cake? I'm not going to say no to that :D lol.

@ Karla: LOL! Omg now that would be hilarious :D

@ Michelle: Haha! Poor thing, he looks so scared :(

message 10: by Inge (last edited Nov 19, 2012 05:43AM) (new) - added it

Inge Great review, Kruti! :D It perfectly sums up everything that is wrong with this god awful excuse for a book (which is pretty much every single thing in the book). Just another reason why I'm never picking up this piece of crap, not even for the lulz.

It's funny how there's so much slut shaming, but if Travis bangs a different girl each night, he's suddenly "the man". I hate the message this book brings and it worries me that girls would find Travis sexy or would want their own Travis. Seriously? You'd want to be mentally abused and doubt yourself all the time? Ugh.

This book is just so wrong on so many levels in so many ways. I can't tell if the author is trolling or not.

message 11: by Laima (new) - added it

Laima thanks for the review....another book not to read!

message 12: by MLE (new)

MLE Amazing review. I'd explain how mad this book makes me, but I'm seeing red, and cannot type.

description

My sister had a friend who was murdered by her husband after one month of marriage. He then killed himself. She was only 19. We do not need books that romantize abuse.

message 13: by Kruti (new) - rated it 1 star

Kruti Thanks guys :).

@ Inge: There's a ridiculous amount of slut shaming in this book. So much so that you'll end up banging your head more often than not. Honestly, the last thing we need is women cutting each other down.

I worry about the message this book sends out too. I'm getting pissed off seeing all these abusive relationships being constantly pushed forward. I wouldn't have a problem if something actually got resolved. But so far, all it's saying is that being abusive isn't bad and that it's okay to be controlled and generally treated like a doormat. After all, this is what a guy does when he's in love with you.

Yes, that's exactly it *rolls eyes*. Apparently, this book was written in Travis' POV too :/ I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

In terms of the author, I did hear that she attacked a negative review but I don't know what exactly happened there.

@ Laima: No problem :). If you did want to read this book, you could just read my status updates and save yourself the trouble. And possibly some brain cells too.

@ MLE: I'm sorry to hear about your sister's friend. Did she ever mention anything about her husband abusing her?

This is exactly why we need to be careful about the kind of message we send out there. Romanticizing these relationships can only mean more and more women learn that it's okay to be controlled, manipulated and generally abused and as a result, a lot of them will put up with their abusers and suffer in silence instead.

message 14: by MLE (new)

MLE Kruti wrote: "Thanks guys :).

Not that I know of. She was a bit older than my sister, so they hadn't been in touch as much. I seem to remember she had come from an abusive family situation.

message 15: by Inge (new) - added it

Inge Yeah, she's been attacking negative reviews, but I don't remember the details.

And there's going to be a Walking Disaster. Such an appropriate title, but I don't like her ruining one of my favourite Sum 41 songs.

message 16: by Kruti (new) - rated it 1 star

Kruti @ MLE: It's sad to know that she had to deal with it growing up and then when she got married as well. This seems to be the case for quite a lot of women though. They leave one abusive situation and end up right back in another one.

@ Inge: I just listened to the track. WHY?? Why am I only hearing it now?!? It's amazing xD. I do love Sum 41 but I've mostly heard their old stuff.

message 17: by MLE (new)

MLE Kruti wrote: "@ MLE: It's sad to know that she had to deal with it growing up and then when she got married as well. This seems to be the case for quite a lot of women though. They leave one abusive situation an..."

Very true.

message 18: by Inge (new) - added it

Inge Haha I'm glad I brought your attention to the song :D it's one of my favourites, as well as With Me.

☆*Angie's Reviews*☆ He fall in love with her when he saw her cardigan covered in blood of the other fighter... Does this book needs more explanation?

Clarkson Mayneer glad to know I wasnt the only one disappointed with this book.