Beth's Reviews > Grip of the Shadow Plague

Grip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon Mull

Dec 05, 2008

bookshelves: children-s-fiction
Read in December, 2008

I just wish these Fablehaven books were a bit shorter. They are really good, it just takes too long to read them. This last one was 477 pages! Luckily the pages aren't all that big.

In this third installment of Fablehaven, Kendra and Seth are still at their grandparents' magical creature preserve. Their parents are anxiously awaiting their return to home and school but it may not be safe to return home after everything left unsolved at the end of Book #2. After Seth discovers that something is changing light magical creatures evil and Kendra is requested by the Sphinx himself to become a Knight of the Dawn and go on a dangerous mission, they postpone their return further. Things have become dire at Fablehaven, no one has ever seen anything like this plague before and it looks like Fablehaven will fall "to the dark".

I got really into the story by chapter 15 (page 283). From then on it's great with old and new characters and lots of suspenseful action and fun twists. I hope kids can last through chapters 1-14. I'd give it a 3 and a half if I could.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grip of the Shadow Plague.