Cristina's Reviews > The Lost Dragon

The Lost Dragon by Drako

Aug 20, 2012

bookshelves: need-to-review, series, on-kindle, lovers-of-para-summer-challenge
Read from August 19 to 20, 2012

The Lost Dragon is the first book of a series I plan to finish. It took me a few chapters to get into the author's rhythm...different from what I'm used to, and also very masculine. (I tend to immerse myself in female authors, though I'm trying to branch out more and more).

First, this book is one that I received for free in exchange for an honest review. (Paranormal Lovers Group) So, I'd like to thank the author for the opportunity to read his work!

Very well written; full of action and humor that truly had me laughing out loud and I kept getting looks from my family as I was reading it. I've found other books humurous, but I usually just chuckle. Drako's humor was just really very funny to me. Down to earth and REAL.

Please note that this book falls into the Gay/Lesbian category and does include an explicit male on male scene...if you can't handle that, this book is not for you!!! This was the first for me and I must admit I had an "awkward" moment as you could see from my progress notes here on Goodreads.

BUT, overall...I really loved this story. It was so interesting and executed very well.

The second in the series is available right now, and I believe Drako is currently writing the third.
Currently available through Amazon only.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Dragon.

1.0% "Huh. Was NOT expecting THAT! lol"
16.0% "Very interesting. A bit on the manly side so far...waiting for Cassandra."
32.0% "I am LOVING this book right now!"
62.0% "Noooooooooo!!!!!! Andreas...Andreas...tsk tsk tsk"
66.0% "ummmm.....awkward....."

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller Cristina wrote: "R2R due 9/2"

Girl, can I just say you are soooo smart to post the due date for the R2R in the comments of the book. Duh! I don't know why I didn't think of that! Also, your review and the "issue" was handled great. If I can find the time to read again I will have to try this one. Plus Drako is a great guy which makes me that much more inclined to read it :)

Cristina Thank you Michele!!
I agree his is very nice and is a very good writer. I have plans to read the 2nd one in this series next week. lol And actually PAY for it!! Gasp! lol

Yeah, my due date and the link to the thread is pretty darn genius! ;) As soon as I get the book, I set it up and I'm good to go. It's working out perfectly for me!

message 4: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Hey, random question. Was this book YA? It looks good, but i just wanted to know if i have to wait a while to read it, lol :)

Cristina Nooooooo. It is not YA.

message 6: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Awww, have to wait a bit, then. Thanks for letting me know :)

Cristina Thanks for asking!!! I forgot about that when I posted my review for the sequel on LoP.