Liz Mondaine's Reviews > Naturally, Charlie

Naturally, Charlie by S.L. Scott

Aug 16, 2012

Read from September 21 to 24, 2012

When I got a free Saturday afternoon (which as a mother, never seems to happen) I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Naturally, Charlie was the absolute perfect way to spend my afternoon. For me there are books that are so good that I fly through them, because I just have to get to the end. Then there are books that I love so much that I slow down and savor, because I fall in love with the characters. This was absolutely the latter for me. It's a story about love undoubtedly; however their connection goes well beyond a surface deep and is absolutely captivating.

S.L Scott does a brilliant job with characterization, you simply can’t help but love Charlie and Charlie, and wish that you could spend time with them in your real life. Now, I have to admit there were a couple of times that I wanted to reach through the pages and shake some sense into them, but that’s the charm of this book it makes you root for these two to overcome their obstacles and land in one another’s arms.

Instead of Charlie sweeping Charlie off her feet with grand gestures and romantic dates, he charms her with friendship and couch cuddles. Charlie Adams has a way with words (he’s a writer so it works well for him) and I found myself swooning a little anytime we got a peek inside his head.

Charlie and Charlie’s interactions feel genuine and will warm you from the inside like hot cocoa. I love the way that Charlie Adams seems to understand that Charlie Barrow is hiding from her past and isn’t ready to take certain steps forward in her love life. Watching their friendship form and Charlie Barrow fall in love without even realizing it is a pure pleasure and I loved every step of the way.

I can't say enough how much I loved this book. There are a few time jumps that confused me for a second, but overall in her debut novel S.L Scott paints a beautiful love story that’s set on a backdrop of supporting characters, family drama and the fabulous New York City. Give it a try, I promise you won’t regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naturally, Charlie.

09/22/2012
61.0% "Forcing hubs to stay awake long enough to listen to the million ways I'm in love with this..."
09/23/2012
100.0% "I can't believe this story is over...It's one of those times I don't want to let it go..."

message 1: by S.L. (new) - added it

S.L. Scott I loved reading your review. Thank you for reading my book and for sharing your lovely words.

xo,