Leesa's Reviews > My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Keeper.

Quotes Leesa Liked

Jodi Picoult
“You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.”

Jodi Picoult
“It's about a girl who is on the cusp of becoming someone.. A girl who may not know what she wants right now, and she may not know who she is right now, but who deserves the chance to find out.”

Jodi Picoult
“What I really want to tell him is to pick up that baby of his and hold her tight, to set the moon on the edge of her crib and to hang her name up in the stars.”

Jodi Picoult
“If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?”

Jodi Picoult
“Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it.”

Jodi Picoult
“I learn from my own daughter that you don’t have to be awake to cry.”

Jodi Picoult
“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”

Jodi Picoult
“Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.”

Jodi Picoult
“You know how every now and then, you have a moment where your whole life stretches out ahead of you like a forked road, and even as you choose one gritty path you've got your eyes on the other the whole time, certain that you're making a mistake.”

Jodi Picoult
“I wondered what happened when you offered yourself to someone, and they opened you, only to discover you were not the gift they expected and they had to smile and nod and say thank you all the same.”

Jodi Picoult
“A real friend isn't capable of feeling sorry for you.”

Jodi Picoult
“The bottom line is that we never fall for the people we're supposed to.”

Jodi Picoult
“Sometimes to get what you want the most, you have to do what you want the least.”