Searock's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Buddy Read with Stacia "The Ace".
DNF for now.
I have to be in the right mood for this humor.

Just a little random example:

"I was going to stand next to every single woman in labor and every time a nurse or a doctor or hell, even the woman's husband said something stupid like, 'Just breathe through the pain,' it would be my job to squeeze the living fuck out of their reproductive organs until they were curled up in the fetal position asking for their mommies and I'd say, "Just breathe through the pain, asshole!' And anyone that gave the new mother a dirty look after an eight pound, one ounce bloody, gooey, screaming pile of tiny human was cut out of her stomach when she asked her father to grab the bottle of vodka out of her overnight bag because, 'morphine and vodka sounds like a stellar way to celebrate the birth of my spawn,' would get the McJudgy glare smacked right off their face."

Mmmmhmm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock Seriously, I feel like I am being pelted with vaginas right now.
But at least the other 13 references prepped me for this big visual:
"Well, whoever they are should seriously limit the amount of crack they smoke and stop talking out of their ass while their Arby's vaginas are flopping around in their grandma panties."

*stares at kindle screen*

Blacky *Romance Addict* Photobucket I don't think I quite like this :O

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Yep! Exactly! Perfect example. This was a DNF for me too.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Tate, Dan & Hunter WTF????????? Seriously??????? No...just no.

Blacky *Romance Addict* I heard this was funny, but this, that isn't humour, it's just saying shocking things that will force you to laugh

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oh no! Looks like I'll be passing on this one, Searock!

message 7: by ~V~ (last edited Aug 18, 2012 12:49PM) (new) - added it

~V~ Eeewww ...that's pretty crude! :/

message 8: by Searock (last edited Aug 18, 2012 01:14PM) (new) - added it

Searock I have to admit, it isn't this extreme on every page (well, its never far from it actually).
I have read some pretty cray ff, so this isn't beyond my tolerance, but I have to in a proper mood.

I like how Brandie's short review mentions off-color shows like Workaholics and Eastbound and Down (which my hubs loves and I don't). If you like that kind of humor, I have to believe you will love this book. It would be the female lead having the irreverent personality though... not that that makes a difference.

Tina I read this and while there were a few funny lines overall the book was kind of juvenile for me. I finished it because it was like watching a train wreck - you just can't look away....

message 10: by Searock (last edited Aug 18, 2012 07:56PM) (new) - added it

Searock I see that too BG :) It's running the gamut.
It's one of those books that will make you howl with laughter or choke. I found myself laughing, staring/blinking at my kindle and cringing for every 5-page span.

One thing its not: boring.

Does it make you want to read it more to see where you fall? Or does it make you want to avoid it like the plague? Just curious.

Michelle [Helen Geek] Yep. Me too.

Michelle [Helen Geek] I know I didn't like it. I gave it two stars, but should have given it one. I think I bumped it up because when I laughed [and didn't gag], I laughed harder than I had in a long time with a book. But, it really was terrible.

message 13: by Tina (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tina Michelle wrote: "I know I didn't like it. I gave it two stars, but should have given it one. I think I bumped it up because when I laughed [and didn't gag], I laughed harder than I had in a long time with a book. B..."

Exactly why I gave it two stars Michelle! And I agree totally.

message 14: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Mmmmm, indeed. Nice honest review SR. I think, I will have to give this one a miss.

message 15: by Searock (last edited Aug 20, 2012 07:03PM) (new) - added it

Searock Thanks Wen :) I don't blame you.

Taryn at My Secret Romance And anyone that gave the new mother a dirty look after an eight pound, one ounce bloody, gooey, screaming pile of tiny human was cut out of her stomach when she asked her father to grab the bottle of vodka out of her overnight bag because, 'morphine and vodka sounds like a stellar way to celebrate the birth of my spawn,' would get the McJudgy glare smacked right off their face."

That has to be one of the longest sentences I have ever seen. This book is not for me despite how great I hear it is. That run on sentences makes me run in the other direction.

message 17: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock @Taryn: I think I remember that writing cred (syntax/grammar) was on your list of must-haves for your books.

Indie authors and ff authors (like this one) are probably high risk for you.

Emily I personally thought that was one of the funniest lines in the book! I had a horrible pregnancy and the labor was even worse. I cursed the entire time and I felt like I deserved a drink after 14 hours of hell. I think she was coming from a place of it's ok not to think this is all sunshine and roses. If cursing and drinking offends you then no, this is not your book.