Andrea Guy's Reviews > The Restaurant @ The Mill

The Restaurant @ The Mill by Linn B. Halton

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: women-s-fiction, readingaddictionbooktours, ebook, 2012-reads
Read in August, 2012

This is really a unique read. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it at first because Hillary's story felt a bit 2 dimensional, but after a few chapters as well as meeting the other characters that make up this story, I found myself loving it. OK, how could you not love a book that has one of the characters getting her ass burned on the oven? (I would so do something like that).

I loved how all the characters were connected with The Restaurant @ The Mill and how their stories intertwined. One of my favorite things about the book was the ghost, Sarah who haunts the Mill, but not in a bad way. I loved how she touched the lives of Grace, Lawrence, David and Ben. I also liked that the Epilogue was told from her point of view. It allowed us to get a glimpse at what was keeping her at the Mill. It is just a shame that in the end she couldn't have gone into the light and be at peace.

The Restaurant @ The Mill is a very clean read. Think of it like an extended Harlequin Romance. The romance in the book is very light, the focus is more on relationships.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Restaurant @ The Mill.