miaaa's Reviews > One Hundred Years of Solitude

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: ophelia-s-library, favourites
Read from January 01 to March 03, 2011 — I own a copy

Such a record-breaking book, as I need nine weeks to finish it. A personal possession, as I marked new vocabularies with coloured markers and then scribbled the meaning just above them or way down the page. This book is mine just like any of my limbs.

I guess this book is more than just a literature masterpiece, but an art at it's highest peak!

my newly-found vocabs:

- clairvoyance: n. Power of perceiving things beyond the natural range of senses.
- concupiscence: n. Sexual desire, lust.
- saturnalia: n. Wild party or orgy.

and last but not least,

- solitude: n. a Buendía by blood in a madhouse from a deserted town once called Macondo.

----------------------------------------------

Baca bareng Ufuf mulai 1 Januari :D
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Hundred Years of Solitude.

01/03/2011 page 37
9.0% "'If you don't fear God, fear him through the metals.'"
01/05/2011 page 81
19.0% "After many years of death the yearning for the living was so intense"
01/06/2011 page 123
29.0% "The formality of death is ridiculous."
01/07/2011 page 164
39.0% "'Out of so much hatred for the military... you've ended up as bad as they are'"
01/24/2011 page 207
49.0% "the secret of a good old age is simply an honourable pact with solitude"
02/06/2011 page 240
57.0% "Remdios Buendía did not give off a breath of love but a fatal emanation."
02/18/2011 page 273
65.0% "He saw the face of his miserable solitude"
02/23/2011 page 312
74.0% "Macondo's massacre. Up until now blood is spilled to silence dissidents." 3 comments
03/02/2011 page 360
85.0% "In death the Segundos had become as identical as they had been until adolesence"
03/03/2011 page 442
105.0% "Races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by miaaa (last edited Sep 26, 2009 03:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

miaaa finally I got this book woohoo thanks for the voucher sis :D

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

wah baru liat yang cover ini. keren yah

miaaa aku beli yg ini sama yg news kidnapping mas hehe yg itu covernya merah gitu, semodel gini juga desainnya :D

Rauf Kemaren gue nemu buku ini di Blok M Square, cuma goceng, tapi yang bahasa Spanyol :D

Lamski Kikita when u gonna start reading?? now? thank u

miaaa hiyaaa rauf keren banget hehe beneran pengen kursus bahasa spanyol nih waaah *ngelamun*

miaaa @lams, not yet missy I have to finish maya angelou's autobiography first :p I'll update you when I start it alright? :*

Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ ih kafernya keren... jd pengen yg ini. yg punya saia yg ijo ituh :(

message 9: by Helvry (new) - added it

Helvry Sinaga wah...pengen baca ini niih

belajarjadimanusia boleh dong ikutan baca barengnya..

miaaa @helvry, aku punya terjemahan indonesia mao pinjem biar bisa ikut baca bareng? :D *edisi serius plus dua buku Llosa yg aku janjikan* hehe

@ibnu, hayuk wae ker seru toh baca rame2 :D

message 12: by Helvry (new) - added it

Helvry Sinaga mau..mau kak miaa..gimana cara menjemputnya?

miaaa bah ito, balas dulu smsku itu ahahahaha

message 14: by Rauf (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rauf Ini mau ada target khusus?
Sehari berapa halaman misalnya?

miaaa Hmmm gimana kalau 20 hal per hari? Pernah pakai cara itu waktu baca bareng midnight's children :D

Kucing Miaaa, ikut baca bareng yah. Aku barusan ga sengaja nemu edisi Ind. di perpus.

message 17: by Rauf (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rauf Baru halaman 20 :P Telat sehari...

message 18: by Rauf (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rauf @helvry
@hujanreda
@kucing

Gimana, udah mulai baca?

belajarjadimanusia udah mulai baca, baru dapat beberapa halaman. ah liburan kok malah ga sempat pegang buku. hikz :p

miaaa @rauf, haha baru 10 halaman dimulai tadi malam hihi dan helvry blum mulai baca lah bukunya masih di aku baru tgl 9 dikasi :D

@mba linda, horeeee asik nambah yg baca bareng *nari ujan*

Kucing @Miaaa & Rauf: ceritanya bikin ga bisa berenti baca. jadi udah selese semalem.

message 22: by Rauf (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rauf Udah duluan aje. Hmmmh. Nggak pren >:)

miaaa hah mba linda dah kelaaaaaaaar? *bengong* hebaaaat hehe

Kucing @Rauf: maafkan teman. Kan aku baca terjemahan. jdnya cpt:)
@Miaaa: ga sama sekali. Yg hebat tuh Miaaa & Rauf, baca versi Inggris. Aku malah nyerah wkt nyoba baca e-booknya.

Lamski Kikita i am soooooo glad!! it's time to talk about favorite characters now!! which one's yours?

miaaa ursula and renata remedios, she is one hell of a bitch and I love her to bits LOL

message 27: by Weni (new)

Weni Mi, trnyt GGM ultahnya bareng aku ya :D
*komen ga penting*

miaaa penting kok jeng, ampe komen dua kali hahahaha
ah if just he lives forever :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

nunggu Castro mati baru mati dia kayaknya.

miaaa hahaha sepertinya berniat begitu tuh mas hehe

message 31: by Weni (new)

Weni Mi, aku durung tau moco buku GGM :D
aku duwe sing 'love in the time of cholera', jik diplastiki.

miaaa cobaen wae jeng, palsay wis tergila-gila njaluk (baca: mokso hihi) disilihi 100 years of solitude hahaha