Nenia Campbell's Reviews > The Princess and the Hound

The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison

2190064
Mar 06, 14

Read on August 16, 2012

Since I didn't make it all that far, there isn't too much to say. My wonderful friend gave this to me. She didn't like it, but she thought it might be more my cup of tea than hers and, being a dear, gave it to me. ♥

Unfortunately, our taste in tea runs pretty similar, and I didn't really care for this book much, either. The title is a tad misleading, as the story isn't narrated by a princess at all, but a prince. Who hates hounds. He thinks they're stupid.

Well. I think he's stupid. No, really, I do. He's a creepy little jerk with mommy issues. I would have liked to give this book more of a chance but 400 pages of "boo-hoo-hoo I can talk to animals and nobody must find out or I'll be KILLED" really didn't sound very appealing.

P.S. Orson Scott card appears on the cover again. I'm beginning to suspect I should save myself a lot of trouble (and money) and simply steer clear of any book bearing his endorsement.

P.P.S. Why are books written by Mormons always so violent? So much carnage in the prologue and first two chapters. This is young adult, right? For girls? Just checking . . .
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Hound.

08/16/2012 page 24
6.0% ""George did not like to hear about how much his mother loved his father. He wanted her to love only him."

[image error]"