Marissa's Reviews > Sykosa

Sykosa by Justin Ordoñez

Oct 19, 12

I thought the story to be well written as the characters described, seemed believable. The dialogue and situations that happen all seemed realistic. Sykosa feels pressure all around, and all of that is explained pretty well. She feels pressure to get excellent grades by her Parents, and to basically be an over achiever. She also feels pressure and in some sort of it is expected that, she have sex, with her boyfriend. At first it did not seem that they were actually a couple; its like a secret relationship, but as the story goes on, there are hints here and there, that this actually might be the real deal between Sykosa and Tom. There are other elements that build on this story, including being briefly sent to a year before, into Sophomore year of High School. I do think we learn more about the group that Sykosa and her best friend are involved in. In their Junior Year, and we read conversation of the conflict that really united she and Tom together, to become closer. What I was really interested to read though, was the big event that the characters sometimes refer to, but I guess we just have to wait until the next book. This was all around a good novel that does have mature content, seriously, so I do recommend Ages 18+ read this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sykosa.