Andrea's Reviews > Dollhouse

Dollhouse by Anya Allyn

Aug 16, 12

[This review also appears on Andi's Young Adult Books. I received a complimentary ebook in exchange for my honest review.]

This was one of the creepiest stories I have read in a long time. I mean creepy in a good way, and not quite scary. The first third of the book seemed okay and did go by quickly. The friends were out and about, trying to find their missing friend. Suddenly, they are swept into a dark and macabre world that is absolutely horrifying. What's real? What isn't? Your head spins like the dizzying hands on the clock as you try to figure out what is going on and how they can get out of this. I was absolutely riveted for the rest of the book and sad when it ended. This is just the first book in a trilogy, though, so there will be more to read. I even want to reread this book, to see if I can pick up on more clues, now that I know the truth about what was going on.

The whole time I was reading the book, I could easily picture it all in my head as if I was watching a movie unfold. I think it would make a great horror flick. I can guarantee you will never look at your Raggedy Ann doll nor a carousel in the same way again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dollhouse.