Amy's Reviews > Carrots

F 50x66
Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read on August 16, 2012

This book is a light easy read. I got it free off of Amazon for my kindle and it took me about 2 days to read it. I did not want to put it down. If put me to mind of Janet Evanovich's One for the Money, but not quite as funny. The main character is happily married, so there is no romance in it either. I would recommend it, if you like this type of book.
The only thing I didn't like is when the main character, Shelby starts to be able to read people's minds she practices blocking them out, but is only able to it for about 10 minutes before she gets a headache. Then next day she is able to block out people's thoughts for most of the time, and when she lets her barriers down and starts to read people's minds, she now gets the headache. Why the switch all of a sudden? I know that the author wanted to move things along, but why even write that she got a headache in the first place when she tried to block people's thoughts out? I hate it when they forget what they wrote and counterdict what they already said!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carrots.

11/07/2012 page 218

Jessica Collins I disagree on the romance. There is a beautiful romance between Shelby and chris, I guess it is one you only see if you are married as well but its amazing

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy I guess I was trying to say it nicely, but there was not graphic sex in the book. That is what I meant.

David Ketelsen I didn't view it as an inconsistency. The second instance of headache was caused by the volume of mind-reading work Shelby was doing. She was trying to isolate individuals at a crowded funeral and was reading person after person until a headache commenced. It seemed plausible to me.