Kathleen Kelly's Reviews > A Leprechaun's Lament

A Leprechaun's Lament by Wayne Zurl

Aug 28, 12

Read from August 16 to 23, 2012

A Leprechaun's Lament is another fine example of the books by Wayne Zurl. I read the first book in the Sam Jenkin's mystery series last year and loved it. I figured the second book would be just as good, I was not disappointed. Sam is a former New York detective who retired from police work only to be lured back into it to be Chief of the police force in small town, New Prospect in Tennessee. So Sam and his wife and dog relocate and instead of living a life of adventure and travel, Sam is back in the cop business.
This novel continues with further mystery in the death of Murray Maguire, an employee with the New Prospect police department as a general handyman, who is also very elusive about his past. Sam is having a hard time finding out who this man actually is, he seems to have no past previous to 1975. Sam is required to do a background check on all his employees and what he finds out about Murray thrusts him into a series of circumstances with the conclusion a surprise to all involved. The story has ties to the CIA, FBI, British Intelligence and the Irish Garda and Sam has to ask help from all these other entities to find out why Murray Maguire, an unassuming man, would have such a secretive life and who would want him dead.
A wonderful cast of characters, lots of humor, suspense and a little romance make for an awesome read. This series is not to be missed. I loved it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Leprechaun's Lament.

08/16/2012 page 100