Melysah Bunting's Reviews > A Wanted Man

A Wanted Man by Lee Child

Aug 31, 12

Read from August 19 to 30, 2012

I got to read A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher #17) by Lee Child via ShelfAwareness. It's a mystery-crime novel about a man named Jack Reacher. Jack Reacher is a former military cop that gets involved in high risk situations by accident. He is just a man hitching rides.

I love the mystery-crime genre. I haven't read the other sixteen novels that preceded this one. So this novel as a stand alone novel was very good. I am assuming each novel gives you a hint of who Jack Reacher really is.

Reacher is just a man hitching rides to Virgina. He has no job or home supposedly. He simply heard a woman's voice over the phone and is making his way to her one event at a time.

In A Wanted Man there are mysterious guys in Nebraska. One is dead. Two are on the run. There's a hostage. The three pickup a hitchhiker with a busted nose. Four people traveling, and all of them aren't who they seem.

Murder, mystery, and mayhem. I love it! I really enjoyed the novel. The characters were all intriguing. They all had secrets. The pace and action was pretty fast.

I only have one criticism. There was a bit of a slow part near the end. You know, sometimes things get too detailed. I was like, "Just get it to!" But Jack Reacher is a detailed man, so it fits his character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wanted Man.