Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)'s Reviews > Latter-Day of the Dead

Latter-Day of the Dead by Kevin Krohn

Aug 20, 12

Read in August, 2012

Latter-Day of the Dead is a short novel about a polygamist commune that becomes infected by Zombies. In keeping with the book…I will describe this book in two words. Scary and Entertaining.

So to touch on the LDS or Mormon focus in this book. For those of you who do not know me – religion is not an extremely comfortable topic for me. Partially because I appear to be missing the part of my brain that is supposed to tell one self that it is OK to tell everyone else their beliefs are wrong if they are not the same as mine. Now – with that being said – the other flip side of that is that I love to learn about ALL religions. Where they came from, the different trasititions they have went through, and beleifs. It is fascinating to me and I am slightly addicted to mulitiple History channels. Don’t Judge. Latter-Day of the Dead felt more educational than preachy and I never felt uncomfortable reading about the religious views of the commune residents.

Why did I read this book? It is simple – ZOMBIES. My love for zombies won out over my insecurities about religion. I also enjoy challenging myself! I am extremely happy that I did! Latter-Day of the Dead was a well written and truly unique story. It was a little touch of horror, history, and humor rolled into one brilliant book that I could not put down. If you enjoy zombie stories you will love this one! With an eclectic mix of characters that are described wonderfully you start to fear this is actually taking place…somewhere maybe….how would we know?

Now – a lot of my blog followers read romance. This is not romance. It is still awesome. I always try to add diversity into what I read and If you wanted to do the same – this book would be a treat.

I rate Latter-Day of the Dead 4 out of 5 Bullets!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Latter-Day of the Dead.