Michele at A Belle's Tales's Reviews > Rage Within

Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts

Oct 02, 12

Read in September, 2012

Rage Within is the amazing sequel to the phenomenal Dark Inside. I love the insight the author provides with the glimpses into the characters’ lives pre-earthquake. Normally, I like being dropped back into a story exactly where the author left off, but Rage Within’s beginning is an exception to that rule. I LOVED reading about what happened in the days before, all the while knowing what was about to transpire and wanting to claw my way inside this novel to warn these beloved characters of the impending doom and mayhem… well, provided I could find my way out before all hell started breaking loose - I was quite content to be on the outside of this particular story.

Rage Within is just as thrilling as its predecessor. I lost an entire night’s sleep staying up to finish this book and it was well worth it .

“There were warnings. There are always warnings. But we missed them.
We chose not to see. We didn’t believe. And now we are finished.
Game over.”

Aside from the thrills, I found this book to be a bit more poignant than the first and was moved to tears at one particular part in the story. I was dying for answers after finishing Dark Inside; and, while Ms. Roberts placated me a bit, she still leaves me wanting so much more!

“Fewer people means less damage to the world. If we can control everything,
we can keep it from getting overpopulated. It wants to put the world back in balance.”

“Then what? We’d ride off into the sunset?
I’ve got news for you. There is no Happily Ever After.”

I love this author in spite of the fact that she can give hope and crush it within seconds of the other. She has definitely made a forever fan of me and I cannot wait to read more of her work.

Full review at A Belle's Tales

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rage Within.