Amy (amyb2332)'s Reviews > The Lucky One

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

Dec 08, 08

bookshelves: romance, audiobook, 2008-audiobooks
Read in December, 2008, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I liked this book a lot. I like the narration from the three different characters. I loved the surprise ending and I love the romance. I had been a little disappointed with last couple of Nicholas Sparks books but this one was excellent!

*****Spoilers**Warning the rest of my review has major spoilers****

The part where Beth confronts Logan about the picture was a little hard to listen to. The narration wasn't great (it was up to this point) but it got sort of high pitched and weird. It also seriously irritated me how Beth keeps saying that he stalked her and was obsessed with her. The phrases are used like 100 times and this total twists what happened. I wanted to reach in and slap her silly.

So about halfway into the books when Logan keeps refering to owing something to Beth, I started getting really worried about Zeus. I really just hate books when dog die and this really seemed to be pointed to Zeus dying. Then I got to the end and discovered that Zeus doesn't die but it seemed like for much of the epilogue that Logan died! I was really shocked and horrified. Then finally we learn that it was Keith that died and Logan lived! Yay and thank God!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucky One.

Krissy Yeah, I was really confused about the ending, too. At first, it seemed like both Logan and Keith had died, especially because of the mentions of Zeus and Ben being inseparable after the accident and the picture Ben got from Logan being "Logan's legacy". Then, Elizabeth mentioned Logan. Do you think it was really him or just his ghost? Because I was sure he had died. Not to spoil it for you... I was just wondering what you thought. It doesn't make since for Ben to call for Logan in his nightmares, either.

Amy (amyb2332) I don't know. You could be right. I don't really remember all the specifics but something really made me think that Logan had lived.

Krissy Hmmmm... guess we'll never know for sure. Have you read all the other Nicholas Sparks books as well?