Tiana Dalichov's Reviews > Dust

Dust by Devon Ashley

Oct 02, 12

Read from September 30 to October 02, 2012

Ahhhhhhh!!!!

This book was SO GOOD that I'm actually a little bit in shock right now. Holy. Cheesecurls. :O

So I haven't read too much in the faerie genre of YA yet, and this is one of the first books I've encountered, but I don't know if there's any book that'll beat this one. Devon's writing and her story-telling ability kept me roped in so tightly that I finished this book within 3 days (neglecting to do my homework in the process).

I absolutely love Rosalie. As a female lead, she is tough, resilient, confident, and brave. Even after experiencing some terrifying, life-altering things, she remains herself and never gives up hope. That's the type of female lead I like to see in YA literature. <3

And I am head over heels for Jack. Ahhhh ;) That faerie boy can rescue me from prison any day! I just love how playful he is - and especially how he interacts with Rosalie. The ending scene seriously made me cry. I was sitting here in my bean bag and I literally felt my heart break as I read that scene. Those two are a-freaking-dorable together!

The plot was a little on the slow side, but that's only because of the nature of the events in the book. Despite the repetitiveness of the events in Rosalie's slave life, Devon still manages to make each day somehow different from the others, and that kept me interested long enough to want to find out what happens.

Very promising start for the Of Dust and Darkness series!! :) I'm pining for more, and I can't wait until the next one!! I highly recommend this book! You will not be disappointed! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cj (new) - added it

Cj HOLY CHEESECURLS!!!!

Tiana Dalichov AHHHH CJ you will LOVE this book! :)