Maria_Love_For_Books's Reviews > The Assassin and the Empire

The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

Aug 16, 2012

Read in August, 2012

OMG!! I can’t believe what happened in the fourth novella by Sarah J. Maas and the best by far (at least in my opinion!). A very powerful and emotionally affecting read, this story made me cry and think a lot.

This novella is about loss. Nothing is the same for Celaena and Sam anymore. They are trying to leave and to built something of their own. Not an easy task of course. Celaena understands that she lost a part of herself and for the first time she has to make some big decisions. But not only that. The betrayal has a big part in the story and what is lost because of this betrayal can’t be brought back.

Celaena is now a very different person. Nothing like the arrogant little girl-assassin from the first novella. Actually, her feelings for Sam made her a better person. She has to deal with a lot now but she’s always doing her best under the worst situations.

Sam…. I don’t have words for him. I am so very sad about what happened to him and I have to say that I’m still in an emotional shock. I don’t believe what happened and I don’t understand why this was necessary! I won’t write anything else because I am still on the verge of tears! :(

Another amazing read and I can’t wait for the book! I’m going to start it very soon!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Empire.