Booknut's Reviews > Opal

bookshelves: favorites, cliff-hanger-endings
Read from December 05 to 07, 2012

The author:

Me *sobbing*:

When life gives you cliffhangers...

...Get depressed and start throwing shit.

I. Am. A. Freaking. Mess.

Authors are like medieval torturers reincarnated!! They rip out your HEART and then CRUSH it with their cliffhangers and heart-wrenching scenes! They lull you into a false sense of security and then dump you in a vat of 'feels' and endless piles of used up tissues and chocolate!! WHY?!

I was so happy! I was ENJOYING IT! And..and then you had to go and-!

*sobs and curls into a ball* WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY?!!

Please - leave me! *sniffles and dabs at eyes* I'll...I'll post up a review after a mourning period of three days...three days in which I will eat nothing but ice-cream and sob about cliffhangers in all their evil, sadistic glory!!

*muffled sobs*
_______
(Pre-Read Review:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opal.

Quotes Booknut Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“If wishes were fishes, we'd all throw nets.”

“You're amazing."

"I know it didn't take you this long to realize that."

"No. I've always known it." I watched him root around for another strawberry. "Maybe not in the beginning..."

He peeked up. "My awesomeness is all about the stealth.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“There was a pause, then his lips stretched into a smile. "You're right."
Hell froze over. Pigs were flying. "Come again?"
"You're right. I should have checked in at some point. I'm sorry."
The world was flat. I didn't know what to say. According to Daemon, he was right about 99 percent of the time. Wow.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Dawson shifted, dropping his head into his hand. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"When I'm sleeping," Blake replied.

"And when you're dead," Daemon threw back. "You'll stop talking when you're dead."

Blake's lips thinned. "Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He’s like a suicidal Energizer bunny.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You and that damn pen.”
“You love it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I have the feeling we just made a deal with the devil, and he's going to come back and want our first-born child or something."

Daemon waggled his brows. "You want kids? Because you know, practice makes--"

"Shut up." I shook my head and started walking.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon snatched the yellow packages from my hands. “Oh! Books! You have books!”
I laughed as several people waiting in line looked over their shoulders. “Hand them over.”
He clutched them to his chest, making moony eyes. “My life is now complete.”
“My life would be complete if I could actually post a review on something other than the school library computers.”
I did that about twice a week since my latest laptop went to the big computer heaven in the sky.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“But next time, we need to kind of...oh, I don't know, talk first and then throw people through windows later." Daemon crossed his arms. "Can we try that?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“The guy just stood there. Hello. There’re zombies everywhere. Try looking behind you, douche canoe.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Folding my arms, I refused to back down. Andrew never liked me. I don't think he liked people in general. Or puppies. Or bacon.”

12/05/2012 page 12
2.0% 3 comments
12/06/2012 page 295
65.0% "SNEAK PEEK!!
"You're not the only one who gets to make brash and stupid decisions."
His mouth snapped shut. "That's not the point."
I cocked a brow. "Lame argument."
Daemon shot forward, his voice harsh. "YOu had no right to make those kind of promises to MY brother. He's not YOUR family."
I flinched..
"We're in this together."
Daemon's eyes met mine. "Not on everything, Kat. Sorry. That's just the way it is.""
02/22/2016 marked as: read
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd hehe!This is very cool!!;)

Booknut Dd wrote: "hehe!This is very cool!!;)"

Thanx - I'm in a state of agony and these gifs accurately describe the feelings running through me! Methods of coping have included the demolishing of two velvet cupcakes, a whole lot of tissues and listening to Taylor Swift on repeat :D

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer love the review!!!

Booknut Jennifer wrote: "love the review!!!"

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

message 5: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa LOL!! :D Loved the gifs!! Sorry for the torture! :( But hey, at least you have the comfort of velvetcups and Taylor Swift (love her songs)!! Enjoy them! ;) I'm not touching this series now after seeing so many frustrated readers complaining about the cliffhanger!! Will just wait for the author to release the last book and will then start it! Ha! hehehehe.... *smug*

M Marie great review!! and this is how i am feeling after just finishing this book!!

Booknut Melissa wrote: "great review!! and this is how i am feeling after just finishing this book!!"

Thank you - I'm sure the cliffhanger is torture to everyone :)

Booknut Richa wrote: "LOL!! :D Loved the gifs!! Sorry for the torture! :( But hey, at least you have the comfort of velvetcups and Taylor Swift (love her songs)!! Enjoy them! ;) I'm not touching this series now after se..."

*laughs* You're so smart! No, it's definitely worth the read, even with the added torture!! I mean, what's a little torture when you have doses of someone as hot as Daemon...?!

dluvsbooks your review rocks!!!

Booknut Deanne wrote: "your review rocks!!!"

Thanks, Deanne - that means a lot!!

M Marie just read on Jennifer Armentrout's fb page shes working on the last chapter from Daemon's POV...can we live through this again??

Booknut Melissa wrote: "just read on Jennifer Armentrout's fb page shes working on the last chapter from Daemon's POV...can we live through this again??"

NOOOOOO!! I cannot, cannot, CANNOT experience the torture of the last chapter from Daemon's POV!! That would be utterly heartbreaking!!

dluvsbooks I agree full heartedly!!!

Booknut Deanne wrote: "I agree full heartedly!!!"

*laughs* Thanks, Deanne! I'm glad!

William HAHA. Love your review.

Booknut William wrote: "HAHA. Love your review."

Thank you!!

Sheri (Tangled Up In Books) This just totally summed up my feelings at the end! Love it lol

Booknut Sheri wrote: "This just totally summed up my feelings at the end! Love it lol"

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it!!

Kathleen Gomez This is exactly what I feel right now! The cliffhanger was too much! and July is so far from now. How can we survive this?! Love your review by the way!:)

Booknut Kathleen wrote: "This is exactly what I feel right now! The cliffhanger was too much! and July is so far from now. How can we survive this?! Love your review by the way!:)"

I have no ideas on how we will survive! *sighs* I guess we will just have to take it one, long, pain-filled day at a time :)

And thank you, Kathleen - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

message 21: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha Not cliffhanger. Life-ruiner.

Booknut Elevetha wrote: "Not cliffhanger. Life-ruiner."

*nods sadly* So, so true.

*Lynn* LOVE IT! Great review girlie! I felt the same way when it ended. I was so upset. People who don't read have no understanding how a cliffhanger like this can put a avid reader like us in a depression where only junk food can console us. I am dying for the next book! X|

message 24: by Nora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nora My thoughts exactly upon finishing this book. I can't wait for the next book. If somebody else I like dies in the next one, I'm going to start a riot.

Booknut Lynn wrote: "LOVE IT! Great review girlie! I felt the same way when it ended. I was so upset. People who don't read have no understanding how a cliffhanger like this can put a avid reader like us in a depressio..."

Thanks, Lynn - cliffhangers are a bookworm's kryptonite, to be sure!!

Booknut Noora wrote: "My thoughts exactly upon finishing this book. I can't wait for the next book. If somebody else I like dies in the next one, I'm going to start a riot."

Oh my gosh, yes - if anyone else gets killed off, locked up or otherwise separated from their true love I will join your riot with pleasure! :)

message 27: by Nora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nora Great! I'll prepare the pitchforks and torches. ;-)

Booknut Haha! And I'll bring the stakeout snacks, hand grenades and Kleenex boxes :D

message 29: by Nora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nora Perfect! Looking forward to disturbing the peace with you, should the need arise.

Booknut *grins* Same here!

Booknut I use Imageshack.com - simply upload the photo, and then paste the html into the review space :)

Etnik such a cool review. I do reviews like this too :)

message 33: by Somczak (new)

Somczak haha those gifs :D